JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am hoping they can fix things, or someone else can take the lead. Most gun owners don't really think through the implications of every little encroachment, and by the time their kids are grown, there may be nobody left to care. The next generation needs to understand the value of the right of self-defense.

The article claimed that in the past the NRA spent over $2,000,000 per year in Virginia. They did not provide any data to back up that claim, but from the VPAP website we find this confusing data - the numbers are totals for many years - there is no indication of 2mil+ per year:

The NRA appears to have a lot of people employed to fight for the 2A in Virginia:

From the OP article:
"Voter turnout was only 40% in the last election in Virginia; ........ The fact is Wayne, not the NRA, let us down."

FAKE NEWS. Voter turnout was only 40% TOTAL - it should have been 99.5% for gun owners and anyone who cared about the 2A. We can give a pass for the 0.5% in comas, not for anyone else. It wasn't Wayne who let us down, it was pro-2A voters. :(

After seeing every D candidate say they will confiscate our firearms, if we fail to vote, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Continued negative publicity can cause harm to anything over time.

Many here have already thrown out the NRA, our absolute biggest fighter, because they are prone to such media bashing related programming.

I highly doubt anyone of the many who have come out on NWFA and stated they have left or stopped helping the cause, have any other information to go off other than the mainstreams viewpoints that are blasted 24/7 on the subject.

Is the NRA Irrelevant ...I'd say no.

But...

Even if all the accusations against Wayne LaPierre are not true....
Or all the seemly unrelenting pleads for more donations , are truly needed...
Or if the perceived image of the NRA is stronger than what the NRA actually is...

There comes a time where the messenger , kills the message.

A NRA housecleaning is long overdue in my opinion.
And yes I am a life member...but not a very happy one.
Andy

Is the NRA Irrelevant ...I'd say no.

But...

Even if all the accusations against Wayne LaPierre are not true....
Or all the seemly unrelenting pleads for more donations , are truly needed...
Or if the perceived image of the NRA is stronger than what the NRA actually is...

There comes a time where the messenger , kills the message.

A NRA housecleaning is long overdue in my opinion.
And yes I am a life member...but not a very happy one.
Andy
Precisely. This is my first year eligible to vote for the BOD, and I have only one qualification for my vote: a Triple F rating. (As in, "Fire the Frenchman Fudd!")

Continued negative publicity can cause harm to anything over time.

Many here have already thrown out the NRA, our absolute biggest fighter, because they are prone to such media bashing related programming.

I highly doubt anyone of the many who have come out on NWFA and stated they have left or stopped helping the cause, have any other information to go off other than the mainstreams viewpoints that are blasted 24/7 on the subject.

Some people can only afford a ten or twenty or so bucks in a year, but millions of such people adds up to an enormous war chest. The NRA is absorbing all of that money and doing little, even sometimes actively attempting to stand in the way of progress (Heller for example). The NRA, as it currently functions, is an Anti's dream come true because it neuters the 2A community by taking the vast majority of donations, and then squandering it. Imagine if SAF, GOA, or FPC had the resources the NRA has? The extremist states would be absolutely drowning in litigation.

Some people can only afford a ten or twenty or so bucks in a year, but millions of such people adds up to an enormous war chest. The NRA is absorbing all of that money and doing little, even sometimes actively attempting to stand in the way of progress (Heller for example). The NRA, as it currently functions, is an Anti's dream come true because it neuters the 2A community by taking the vast majority of donations, and then squandering it. Imagine if SAF, GOA, or FPC had the resources the NRA has? The extremist states would be absolutely drowning in litigation.
I do not work for nor have any insider information on what actually happens inside the NRA.

I also do not believe a word of anything written by the mainstream media.

I am a free thinking individual who sees this for what it is. A hit piece.

I DO find humor that the same mainstream media, that almost everyone here on NWFA thinks lies when it comes to other topics like President Trump, can get folks here to join in arms against the NRA.

This thread, like every single past NRA thread sets the tone, that the NRA is in shambles and needs to be fixed. Therefore no one wants to be a part of it.

Imagine how that looks to a new gun owner?

Just my thoughts, folks may not like them, that's fine. I see the writing on the wall with this and I know it's simply a tactic by those against gun ownership. Take down the big dog by getting it's own people to dislike it.

I do not work for nor have any insider information on what actually happens inside the NRA.

I also do not believe a word of anything written by the mainstream media.

I am a free thinking individual who sees this for what it is. A hit piece.

I DO find humor that the same mainstream media, that almost everyone here on NWFA thinks lies when it comes to other topics like President Trump, can get folks here to join in arms against the NRA.

This thread, like every single past NRA thread sets the tone, that the NRA is in shambles and needs to be fixed. Therefore no one wants to be a part of it.

Imagine how that looks to a new gun owner?

Just my thoughts, folks may not like them, that's fine. I see the writing on the wall with this and I know it's simply a tactic by those against gun ownership. Take down the big dog by getting it's own people to dislike it.

If an organization takes nearly all the money to be spent on X, and squanders a large portion of it on Y, that organization is helping the enemy.

There's also this: the NRA supported the NFA, the GCA of 1968, whatever the name of that law was that outlawed further production of automatics in the 80s, Bill Clinton's establishment of the NICS system in the 90s, and the bump stock ban most recently. The NRA actively tried to torpedo the Heller case and prevent the SCOTUS from ruling on that issue. This isn't based on any sort of fake news -- it's just history.

Why should we trust the NRA to be the primary pro-2A donation target based on these indisputable facts?

Rather reminds me of many fair weather sportsman I've met; Praise them when they win, and diss them when they loose. Either way, you won't find then getting their hands dirty or committing to anything when it counts.

If they would pull their heads out of the sand, fire Wayne, and re form the leadership, yea, they could become relivant once again, but the damage is already done, and unless something drastic changes, I see no further use for them!
It's a fundamental problem at the top, they have allowed Wayne to become all powerful and unaccountable to the membership, and it has really hurt us all!

Keep in mind it's always the NRA the other side wants to fight or identifies as the adversary. Granted there are other organizations, but none with as much clout as the NRA. Gun owners who care about the Second Amendment darn well need to support the NRA, I know it stinks, but Wayne isn't buying Italian suits with NRA-ILA funds.

If we get handed our respective azzes in November, we'll only have the person in the mirror to blame...

So, who to support? NRA has the numbers, the ILA, and the history and reputation that (used to) strike fear into the hearts of politicians. 5.5million members in 2018.

GOA has 2 million members. But I don't read much about their activities. The only other thing I have to go on is friends that left NRA and signed up with GOA.

The thing that pizzes me off about NRA, besides WLP and his mealy mouthed ways, is all the member $$ spent on unneeded fundraising. Seems like all they ever do is ask for more money. Reminds me of when I used to donate blood to the Red Cross and then suffer when afterwards they wouldn't leave me alone. (Edit: No good deed goes unpunished!!)

Anybody know how the NRA fundraising costs compare to other orgs???

Last Edited:
If they would pull their heads out of the sand, fire Wayne, and re form the leadership, yea, they could become relivant once again, but the damage is already done, and unless something drastic changes, I see no further use for them!
It's a fundamental problem at the top, they have allowed Wayne to become all powerful and unaccountable to the membership, and it has really hurt us all!
So let's try some Dream Laddering and work it backwards from the top. If our goal is Frenchy Fired, how do we get there? Bearing in mind how Ollie striking at the king worked out...

As I peruse the Bylaws, I see only a couple nominally viable paths.
1. Article V Section 3, removal by Board
2. Article IX recall

Option 1 requires a Gramscian Long March Through the Institution--we'd need to replace the current cabal, expecting to lose many of our team along the way. A grueling war of attrition that by the time it finished not only would Wayne be dead of old age but us with him. Article IX is constructed to be virtually impossible by design.

It may be necessary to let the New York AG bloody people's noses for a bit to make the need to clean house clear... a significant worsening of the Income/Expense ratio has a way of doing that.

So let's try some Dream Laddering and work it backwards from the top. If our goal is Frenchy Fired, how do we get there? Bearing in mind how Ollie striking at the king worked out...

As I peruse the Bylaws, I see only a couple nominally viable paths.
1. Article V Section 3, removal by Board
2. Article IX recall

Option 1 requires a Gramscian Long March Through the Institution--we'd need to replace the current cabal, expecting to lose many of our team along the way. A grueling war of attrition that by the time it finished not only would Wayne be dead of old age but us with him. Article IX is constructed to be virtually impossible by design.

It may be necessary to let the New York AG bloody people's noses for a bit to make the need to clean house clear... a significant worsening of the Income/Expense ratio has a way of doing that.

I would go all shock and awe on the leadership, for that, it's going to come down to the membership demanding what it wants, and then voting in the leadership it needs!
Cut off the flow of cash, they will make changes we want! Until the leadership changes, I will not spend one single coin of the realm in support of them! Say whatever you want about us needing to support them, but they have NOT supported us, and I am under no obligation to them to do anything! They dug this hole, and I'm not bailing them out of it, or funding any of their crap, especially Wayne!

We need some one like Coilion to speak for us, some one who can reach the largest number of gun owners with out talking down to them, or ranting and raging and making a fool of them selves! Colion isn't an arrogant bastage, Wayne is!

That and,
I would go all shock and awe on the leadership, for that, it's going to come down to the membership demanding what it wants, and then voting in the leadership it needs!
Cut off the flow of cash, they will make changes we want! Until the leadership changes, I will not spend one single coin of the realm in support of them! Say whatever you want about us needing to support them, but they have NOT supported us, and I am under no obligation to them to do anything! They dug this hole, and I'm not bailing them out of it, or funding any of their crap, especially Wayne!
That, and we need to cast targeted votes for Directors to unseat his buttremoras. Right now the only way I would encourage anyone to give the NRA money is dedicated ILA fundraising, or on the $600 Easy Pay Life membership. This last, because there have been cases of annual-pay dissident members having payments misplaced and the 5-year "good standing" clock for voting eligibility reset... as a Lifer if Wayne wants to screw me out of my ballot he has to find Cause to revoke.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top