JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do we have any idea of the numbers so far?
I hear the numbers are:... wait for it....

NOT ENOUGH!!! In other words, don't slack off and keep up the momentum. (That's what I hear).

We'll know soon enough. I think I'd rather not know until it's over. It will make for a better party and we'll have something to celebrate about!

I'm afraid that many gun owners are not even aware of the petition, and that many of those who are still have not signed or only signed themselves without getting anybody else to sign. It should be a slam-dunk to get 300,000 signatures give the number of gun owners in the state, but somehow the apathy continues to reign supreme! :(

Last Edited:
I'm afraid that many gun owners are not even aware of the petition, and that many of those who are still have not signed or only signed themselves without getting anybody. It should be a slam-dunk to get 300,000 signatures give the number of gun owners in the state, but somehow the apathy continues to reign supreme! :(
Yep. I agree that a lot of people haven't heard. I have a feeling we just may hit the 300,000 goal because of seeing such a huge effort statewide. If you're in the Facebook group #f1639, you get a positive feeling of a we'll organized effort.

I'm afraid that many gun owners are not even aware of the petition, and that many of those who are still have not signed or only signed themselves without getting anybody. It should be a slam-dunk to get 300,000 signatures give the number of gun owners in the state, but somehow the apathy continues to reign supreme! :(
This is what Im seeing as well.

well i haven't but i am in kuwait :D but my family has. reading this it reminds me of the 94 AWB when the wood and metal firearms owners didn't care because it didn't apply to what they were shooting. unfortunately there are alot of gun owners who resent the rise of MSR's, 3-gun and PRS as their sports of trap and skeet decline. I always wondered why 3 gun was not an Olympic sport. Oh yeah it would legitimize MSR's as sporting arms.

Three of us picked up nearly 300 signatures to in front of Sportsman's Warehouse on Saturday!

Really pleased to meet and spend the day with Andrew and Mary Ann. If it weren't for Mary Ann, we'd probably have only one or two signatures! NOT! She was cool and brought in a lot of signatures! Loved working with her and Andrew!

I learned you can't just stand there and expect the signs to get their attention and bring people in. They look and seem uncertain of what you're doing. Most will simply walk on by because they don't understand what you represent.

You've got to make eye contact and offer an invitation to sign. Something to make them feel welcome and comfortable. Then most will entertain a conversation and begin to pay attention. They begin to start asking questions.

Mary Ann is most excellent at this. She grabbed their attention, with her commanding voice, that began the conversation. The key opening attention grabber statement seemed to be "Support the Second Amendment?" "Are you a Second Amendment supporter?" Andrew and I added some variants: "Have you signed the repeal effort yet?" "Help us get rid of this I-1639 crap! Sign up right here!" "Now signing line number 17. Step right up!" "Have you heard the word of God today?" (actually, that last one doesn't work!).

So much fun! So glad we shared a day together and did some good.

12-14-19 Repeal.jpg

Three of us picked up nearly 300 signatures to in front of Sportsman's Warehouse on Saturday!

Really pleased to meet and spend the day with Andrew and Mary Ann. If it weren't for Mary Ann, we'd probably have only one or two signatures! NOT! She was cool and brought in a lot of signatures! Loved working with her and Andrew!

I learned you can't just stand there and expect the signs to get their attention and bring people in. They look and seem uncertain of what you're doing. Most will simply walk on by because they don't understand what you represent.

You've got to make eye contact and offer an invitation to sign. Something to make them feel welcome and comfortable. Then most will entertain a conversation and begin to pay attention. They begin to start asking questions.

Mary Ann is most excellent at this. She grabbed their attention, with her commanding voice, that began the conversation. The key opening attention grabber statement seemed to be "Support the Second Amendment?" "Are you a Second Amendment supporter?" Andrew and I added some variants: "Have you signed the repeal effort yet?" "Help us get rid of this I-1639 crap! Sign up right here!" "Now signing line number 17. Step right up!" "Have you heard the word of God today?" (actually, that last one doesn't work!).

So much fun! So glad we shared a day together and did some good.

View attachment 641338
Thank you!

:s0067:

Sign everyONE (person) you see, Yes, do that! Every person should have the opportunity!

I you sign more than once, 10 more will be removed from the final count! So, only sign 1 petition.

Its good to hear people are out collecting in high traffic public locations.
We ALL need to shift this effort into overdrive and make this happen.

Thank you to everyone working hard out there.

I just left the Walmart in Hazel Dell. There is someone set up with sheets to sign.

:s0155:
Yeah and yesterday they got 300 signatures too!

The two folks who were with me yesterday, said they'd be back at Sportsman's today. I have stuff I have to do today so can't make it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top