JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't think the Oregon legislature isn't keeping an eye on this, that want similar here. And all I want is for the vermin to be exterminated from the state capital building :s0092:

Oh, I am under no illusion that our legislature isn't eyeing this one with delight. And I too would like to see some real change in Salem. Those of us who just want to live in peace can't seem to left alone from the crooks in the overpriced suits. :mad:

I'd like to up the ante and ask how many signatures have you gone out on gotten yourselves? I'm up to 26. I went to the closest LGS that was gathering petitions and asked for a couple of blank ones to take. Make sure you do this so as to get the properly formatted and sized document … the State is very picky on the forms.

Anyway … I called my neighbors and friends, discussed the talking points on why the repeal is a good idea and then went to visit, with document in hand. Pretty easy to do, and I got to catch up and visit with friends so a double score.

So … how many signatures are you willing to commit to gathering? 5, 10, 500? We won't prevail if we just stop at one!

Food for thought, any comments or ideas?

What's the latest on county sheriffs refusing to enforce some/all of this nonsensical law? I haven't read/heard anything lately.

A friend and I signed. We have also, with next to no effort, gathered 20 signitures from people who didnt know about 1049 or didnt care enough to drive to a signing location. There are a ton of these people out there. We will be returning and picking up another sheet this weekend.

Nobody's going to do it for us and things arnt going to get any easier.

I totally spaced it, but this thread reminded me to get off my b_tt. I did last night! Stopped by Sporting Systems in Hazel Dell on my way home.

:s0155:

Last Edited:
Which county and what Sheriff? There were several.

I don't know, that's why I asked if there's been anything new/changed? I think it was something like 29 out of 39 counties refusing to enforce.

EDIT: it was 20 counties, from an article in Feb 2019.

I don't know, that's why I asked if there's been anything new/changed? I think it was something like 29 out of 39 counties refusing to enforce.

EDIT: it was 20 counties, from an article in Feb 2019.

Well I don't live in any of the free counties so I don't know.

... with next to no effort, gathered 20 signitures ...
Exactly! How hard is it to make a few phone calls and drop by a few folks homes / offices? I think 300,000 signatures are needed. There are 45,000 members on this site. Assume that only 10% have any level of activity that means if each active user gathered 67 signatures NWFA could by itself get the recall on the ballot.

Marketing folks and sociologists say we all know a minimum of 500 people at a more than passing acquaintance level. Not all of these, of course, will be shooters or known well enough that you might want to discuss hot political issues, but we can all find 25? Or 50? What do you think. Should we put a challenge out there to motivate ourselves to go beyond the bare minimum? Maybe we can chip in for a prize ... or bragging rights ... or say a banner under our screen name for a certain number of signatures (what say you Joe)?

Any other ideas to get us off our duffs and out there? Remember, even billionaires don't have enough money to counter a truly engaged grass roots effort. What will it take to get us there?

Losing our right to keep and bear arms is all the motivation I need. Im pi$$ed off, everyone else should be too. If we as gun owners dont get organized and put in some effort, we have no one to blame but our selves.
restore-the-anger-1.jpeg

I've got a half-dozen more signatures just making sure I talk a bit about the subject and ask. Only one "no" so far.

I may have missed a few not thinking this through. I picked up some reloading components from a couple of guys here and I didn't even think the have the petitions with me and then to ask if they had signed. Doh! :s0110:

Meeting up with some "gun guys" and not thinking about one of the most important issues facing us, bad man … bad man!

Signed at Sporting Systems a while back. Picked up a few sheets and getting some signatures. Dropped off a couple sheets at the Skamainia General Store and will pick them up in a week from now. I'm planning on joining an effort this weekend. I'm on call and may need to leave so I can't set up a booth and be tied down to a spot. But I could bring a 6' fold out table!

Also, Limitless America, in Washougal, has a lot of petitions available.

Do we have any idea of the numbers so far?

I'm on my third sheet by simply calling everyone I know and asking them either "are you a 2A person " or for the non-gun types "do you feel that government should have a permanent ability to see your medical records before you can exercise a right"

It gets their attention and I'm even getting a few signatures from snowflakes that hadn't thought through the long-term implications of the medical waiver portion of the bill.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top