JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay, these seem like a good idea, being able to see where your main pattern is going while shooting at moving clays. Thought I would try some while taking my wife out to shoot trap. She has shot about eight rounds so far and sometimes I can tell where she is shooting, other times...not so much.

I picked up two boxes (orange and black) of the lowest power I could find ( I normally load her shells with 1oz, less powder and very reasonable recoil. There are a quite a bit more stout but she really didn't complain...but she did notice the difference.

Here was our problem, almost never saw the wad. Black or orange, didn't matter. A few times I caught a glimpse pretty far out. Is this just me? Anyone have any tricks or suggestions to pick these up better closer to the actual bird? We could see our normal wads quite easily but they are moving much slower so I expect this.

Thanks for any thoughts or help. (good news is she shot better even without this help)

So you're trying to use these "tracker" shells because the wad is supposed to be (in its wildly yawing and random trajectory) more visible than others and it's not?
I don't know what to say, save that it's obvious that nobody else does either.
Perhaps use some light spreader loads and get on it quick and work on the fundamentals.
Good luck.

The concept of the shells is that the wad captures some of the shot and has a special design to keep it flying straight so you can actually see where your pattern is going. The couple of times I was able to catch sight of the wad (which was traveling straight) it was too far downrange to tell.

Spreader loads would be worse because you could be missing by a bunch and still get lucky an break a clay. The goal of using these was to work on fundamentals but unlike rifle and handgun, it's much harder for an inexperienced shotgun shooter to know where they miss.

My clay target shooting partner tried them and I also shot a few. Total scam and waste of money. You can spot the tracer if you really concentrate on seeing it, but if you are doing that, you will not be concentrating on the target and will miss anyway. If you are concentrating on the target, you will not see the tracer. Spend your hard earned money on more clay targets and shells to practice with.

Okay, these seem like a good idea, being able to see where your main pattern is going while shooting at moving clays. Thought I would try some while taking my wife out to shoot trap. She has shot about eight rounds so far and sometimes I can tell where she is shooting, other times...not so much.

I picked up two boxes (orange and black) of the lowest power I could find ( I normally load her shells with 1oz, less powder and very reasonable recoil. There are a quite a bit more stout but she really didn't complain...but she did notice the difference.

Here was our problem, almost never saw the wad. Black or orange, didn't matter. A few times I caught a glimpse pretty far out. Is this just me? Anyone have any tricks or suggestions to pick these up better closer to the actual bird? We could see our normal wads quite easily but they are moving much slower so I expect this.

Thanks for any thoughts or help. (good news is she shot better even without this help)
I got some but so far haven't been able to see anything. That seems to be a common complaint from all the reviews I've read. I'm going to have to ask someone if they can see it. Maybe it's just me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top