JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am wondering if anyone here has had experience with the Gen 2. All the older threads I saw here seemed like they were probably with Gen 1.

A small, foldable, pistol caliber carbine is attractive. However, most of the anecdotal evidence for Kel-Tec isn't good. I'd love to hear from someone who has actually had one in their hands.

I noted that two people were shooting the gen2 at the tillamook clean up recently and I have one. I do know that @mgleason00 was dead on with shots on the dueling tree at the same time as pelting me in the head with brass :)

I like mine. Cycling the bolt is the only awkward part because the charging handle is directly beneath the stock. I have not quite figured out how to do that quickly. Takedown is easy and I like that I am 100% certain the gun is safe when folded in half.

If you plan to come to the May Tillamook clean up I can bring mine and let you try it out.

Probably won't be there. As I age, my legs become more and more of a problem and I poop out pretty easily. Not sure I'd be much help even if I did come.

When the zombie apocalypse comes, I'm certainly not outrunning anyone. So I need a gun to wing my neighbors so I can get away. :D

Probably won't be there. As I age, my legs become more and more of a problem and I poop out pretty easily. Not sure I'd be much help even if I did come.

When the zombie apocalypse comes, I'm certainly not outrunning anyone. So I need a gun to wing my neighbors so I can get away. :D

You can drive right to the top and we need people to help with check in, so you can sit at the table and hand out signature forms. Or flip burgers or help with the prize drawing.

Plus, you are more than welcome to just come for the target shooting as well. we had a few people with bad backs who just hung out at the tables or picked up steel casings with the magnet tools right around the parking location. We were glad to have the company

The shooting line was made up of a line of tables and you can pull a chair right up and shoot while seated.

So dont feel that you need to contribute a ton to come shooting with us.

I did quite a bit of research on the Gen II before buying one, a Glock 17 version. I replaced the plastic trigger with an improved aluminum trigger, and I installed Kel-Tec's heavy bolt. I also added a few things.

Results:
This is my favorite little carbine to shoot. It's accurate & cheap to feed.

S2K-RDS.1.JPG

A cousin had bought one and I shot and loved it so much that I put on a ring on it and bought one for myself last weekend. It shoots accurate enough out of the box but was a little uncomfortable to shoot. A tube cover from tacticool products solved that for relatively cheap.

I used a KAC-25789 with a High Aimpoint spacer for the Micro. It's mounted to a 5 rail MOE accessory rail.
I hand filed material off the tube side of the KAC mount & High riser... I also used 1/8" spacers between the accessory rail & hand guard to achieve the proper clearance.

S2K-RDS.JPG

Days after I finished my creation, <broken link removed> released their mount that pivots :rolleyes:

Your mount looks great and you have the satisfaction of engineering that yourself.

Thanks for the link and video, I'll be buying one if I ever pick up a Gen 2.

Took mine to one of the clean and shoots in Yacolt burn area, and made a mess of the clay targets we brought. It was accurate, lite weight, and enjoyable to shoot. The only thing I can complain about is the length of time I had to spend on reloading the 33rd mags. :D:)

Gen 1 yes, Gen 2 no. I've considered selling my Gen 1 in .40SW to move to the Gen 2, partially because the Gen 2 allows you to extend the stock just a bit to add some LOP adjustment, which I can't do on the Gen 1 - I'd like just a bit more LOP. Cool little guns though.

Gen 1 yes, Gen 2 no. I've considered selling my Gen 1 in .40SW to move to the Gen 2, partially because the Gen 2 allows you to extend the stock just a bit to add some LOP adjustment, which I can't do on the Gen 1 - I'd like just a bit more LOP. Cool little guns though.

A recoil pad from ATI may give you the added LOP you seek.

I have extended the butt stock on my Gen II all the way, and I added a recoil pad, but I also have arms like Clyde

I sold my black S2K, and I'll upgrade my Nickel Boron with black S2K later this year.
As for the red dot sight; after trying a few different arrangements, the best set up for me is an EOTech with the factory 7mm trow lever riser positioned as far forward as possible. The rifle doesn't fold completely in half, but it folds enough for my needs. Here is a picture of the black one before I sold it.

IMG_4987.JPG

Here is a shot of the Nickel Boron S2K that I'll be upgrading.

IMG_4828.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top