JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What ever happened to just hitting your kids if they violate the house laws of "No playing with tools"?

Of course, you - not you specifically - wouldn't have to hit your kids if you A) Teach them correctly B) Teach yourself not to be a lazy owner.

/End rant

Agree with Asp
When I grew up - my parents never locked up guns - they sat in an open gun rack
But I will tell you even though we were educated well- My father could walk in and tell if a gun had been moved or removed. Npt sure how - But we were caught at least once

What is it - a dud round and you rack the slide to reload? I don't get it.

When I was a kid, my dad had a .22lr, 30-30 and shotgun leaned up in the corner of the folks' bedroom. They were loaded. They didn't lock the house when they left. I was told those guns were to kill animals and if I touched them they could kill me. I believed it. When I was about 7 dad bought me a Daisy BB gun, and taught me gun safety. Then he took me out and let me shoot the .22, pounding safety into me. He impressed on me that any time anyone touched those guns, there was real danger unless handled properly.

Times have changed, I guess.

For some strange reason I have seen a couple of these things in the dirt at the range I shoot Speed Steel and IDPA. I chuckle and think, "Who out here had one chambered and their first shot went "click" rendering their self defense gun useless". Or until they got back to their range bag and inserted the plastic rod down their barrel and drove it out of the barrel.
Mike

One of the major problems I see with this is if its in your nightstand and one of your kids does lock up the gun do you really think a kid is gonna come to you and say "dad I was playing with your gun and it locked up"? Heck no theyre not! So then when you need it it will b locked without knowing it and you will be holding a paper weight not a weapon. Pretty ridiculous item!

This is a solution looking for a problem.

When I was a little kid, my father's shotgun was always in the closet and I knew if I touched it without his permission my backside would meet his belt.

From the time I was twelve, my 20 ga shotgun and .22 rifle were in a gun rack on the wall of my bedroom.

What ever happened to just hitting your kids if they violate the house laws of "No playing with tools"?

Of course, you - not you specifically - wouldn't have to hit your kids if you A) Teach them correctly B) Teach yourself not to be a lazy owner.

/End rant

It is wrong thinking that children that are familiar with guns won't play with them if no one is home. I don't care how well behaved your children are and how much you trust them. Kids are curious and can get into trouble especially a couple of boys.
I'm 64 and remember very well some of the stupid things me and my friends did. We all had guns and started shooting and hunting at very young ages.

It is wrong thinking that children that are familiar with guns won't play with them if no one is home. I don't care how well behaved your children are and how much you trust them. Kids are curious and can get into trouble especially a couple of boys.
I'm 64 and remember very well some of the stupid things me and my friends did. We all had guns and started shooting and hunting at very young ages.

You are right, kids are curious and should be, but you misunderstand me when I say "teach them correctly". Correct instruction should address this curiosity immediately.

I dunno... it's not for me, and I wouldn't endorse it, I don't think.. but really it's no more of an issue than any other change in training. Press-check your weapon every time you touch it, and that basically nullifies the concern that the safety bullet will have been discharged unbeknownst to you. I already do that.

Personally, I believe in keeping the weapon no farther than the squeeze of a trigger away from firing. I don't believe in external safeties, and this is fundamentally not much different than using a safety. Guns are bubbleguming dangerous in the wrong hands, and no "safety" can make the gun less dangerous.

Or, OR, here's an idea: How about loading the magazine into the weapon and NOT racking the slide to chamber a round?? You've just achieved the same result, and I just saved you $24.99 by not having to buy a "safety bullet."

You're welcome.

Or, OR, here's an idea: How about loading the magazine into the weapon and NOT racking the slide to chamber a round?? You've just achieved the same result, and I just saved you $24.99 by not having to buy a "safety bullet."

You're welcome.

If all you wanted was an empty chamber, I'm sure the Safety Bullet guy would tell you not to buy his product... that's not what it's for.

Actually _ I bet the kid figures out to unlock it before the parent

One of the major problems I see with this is if its in your nightstand and one of your kids does lock up the gun do you really think a kid is gonna come to you and say "dad I was playing with your gun and it locked up"? Heck no theyre not! So then when you need it it will b locked without knowing it and you will be holding a paper weight not a weapon. Pretty ridiculous item!

If all you wanted was an empty chamber, I'm sure the Safety Bullet guy would tell you not to buy his product... that's not what it's for.

Wow. I watched the whole video, and it sure seems that's exactly what the "safety bullet" was made for. Why, what did you think it's made for?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top