JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let me see if I got this straight....

The Dem's are supporting lowering the voting age to 16. Push to lower the voting age gains traction across the states

The Dem's are pushing to raise age limits on purchasing firearms.
Dems to push bill raising minimum age to buy assault-style weapons
Washington state raises age to buy firearms

So, at 16 you are "old enough" and "mature enough" to vote for people who will be in charge to run the State and/or Country.

But until you are 21 you are too "immature" (or can we say "stupid"?) to purchase and own a firearm?

Am I missing something here???? o_O

I've thought the same thing. Younger people tend to lean more left...I know I did when I was younger and indoctrinated by the public school system. They know the youth is generally anti-gun as well.

I loosely think if it were the opposite, 16 to buy a gun and 21 to vote, the results would be better. I had guns growing up as a kid and have shot them most of my life...I didn't start thinking more conservatively, until I was about 25.

I actually like the current setup of being a minimum of 18 y.o. to vote. If you can enlist in the military or be tried as an adult, you should be able to buy firearms.

When I was 16 I lived on my own, worked full time, and stayed relatively well up-to-date on political matters....but I wasn't near ready to vote. The brain doesn't even fully develop until into the 20's and, at 16, I could know the issues but not understand the nuances.

As a society we need to stop having a moving goal post for adulthood.

If military age is 18 then so should voting age, drinking age, buying a firearm, ect.

Many of you are aware that when our country was founded only landowning men could vote. While some modern thinkers might view this as the oppressive racist patriarchy the real purpose of only allowing landowners to vote was simple: they had skin in the game and a lot to lose if they voted poorly. You're less likely to make brash voting decisions when it could mean the destruction of your property.

There is no skin in the game now. For better or worse Americans enjoy all the luxuries of citizenship but none of the responsibilities.

A 16 year old doesn't have the burden of responsibility, and therefor shouldn't have the Right of the vote.

We should be raising the voting age to 21... not lowering it.
The more I hear about what they're putting effort into doing the more I distance myself from them.
I always knew they were evil, but maybe a little less evil... now, i have no doubt they are entirely evil.
There is no hope for for us so long as we have binary politics.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top