Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Has anyone had any good or bad experience with SM Gun shop in Eugene

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by kritos666, Sep 23, 2009.

1. kritos666

kritos666 oregon Member

I am looking to get a trigger job done on my DPMS AR.

Do they do good work? Does 75.00 seem like a fair price?

Trying not to learn everything involving guns the hard way.

Thanks,
    D

2. nitetime

nitetime Springtucky Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I didn't know they did trigger jobs. I once ordered a holster and mag pouch from their "Leather Guy" and have never received or even been able to get in touch with the guy. I guess in a way it was my fault as I paid in advance as I could tell he was a small one man shop but this is the type of shops I try to spend my money at. I don't do business at SM any more..

3. smithmax

smithmax here Member

It would be worth your while to shop around, I've never been impressed by their customer service attitude.

4. reloadem

reloadem Monroe, OR Member

5. kritos666

kritos666 oregon Member

Yea their customer service is somewhere between bad and sucks. There is one guy (older and I think owns the place) He has always been helpful. Anyone else is a crap shoot.

Being implusive, I went for it. The guy doing it is Jay, Ill let everyone know how it turns out (good, bad, or horror show). I wish I would have read everyone's replys 1st, http://www.willamettevalleygunsmithing.com/ looks like a good place. I will go there in the future.

Thanks again

6. sava6e

sava6e Portland Member

yeah customer service sucks!! having said that jay who is doing your trigger job, used to be something liek a master gunsmith for dpms, or rock river, i cant remember i havnt been in there in so long, he did the free float on my 20" barrel and i have no complaints

7. kritos666

kritos666 oregon Member

I have to say that Jay did an outstanding job on my trigger. It went from 5.5-6lbs with a ton of creep, to 3lbs, and almost none. I went from 1" groups to 1/2" I am very happy. Jay himself wasn't at all bad to deal /w. SM as a gunshop lame.. Jay for trigger work definitley.

Thanks, for all the thoughts.
    D

8. rudedog04

rudedog04 oregon-roseburg Member

the wait on me when i need something and leave me alone to browse

9. Dusky

Dusky Eugene Member

Forget S&M and Willamette Gunsmith you can do an outstanding job yourself. Just go to Brownells on line and purchase a Rock River two stage trigger. This will be far better than any job you would get out of these guys. The swap out will take about 5 minutes. A good AR 15 trigger requires new parts not a gunsmith job.