JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had an incident back on the ninth of this month and I am curious if anyone has had problems with their Ruger Mark III discharging with the safety on and hands off the pistol? I know it was not the round in the chamber indicator. Any info would be helpful.

I have used a MKIII Hunter for several years many thousands of rounds, no such issue with mine.
But mine is far from stock

14.jpg

Jim,

Thanks, It is a sweet shooter. Trigger pull is now sub 2lb, short and crisp. These rugers can be easily tuned with aftermarket parts. It is so accurate that shooting it gets kind of boring.

Hoody, it was holstered at the time on my hip.
Velzey, I haven't contacted Ruger yet, but I am planning to today or tomorrow.

It was just sitting in the holster and went off? Were you walking about or bumping in to things? The only way it could go off is if you snagged the trigger somehow or it was a really long hang fire. Other than that, I can't see how that could happen.

Jim,

Thanks, It is a sweet shooter. Trigger pull is now sub 2lb, short and crisp. These rugers can be easily tuned with aftermarket parts. It is so accurate that shooting it gets kind of boring.

I have a stock Mark III that I'll gladly trade you for ... don't want you to be bored, you know.

Well I was in a sitting position that consisted of my thigh resting on it. Nothing could touch the trigger on a count I was on a flat clean serface and the holster covered the trigger. Not sure if it was a hang fire because I had not shot it that day. All I know is that the sear had to have slipped, thus releasing the hammer. This event led to a bullet in my calf.

Yikes. Perhaps it was your weight resting on it. Send it back to Ruger, if they find nothing wrong with it then it is your holster. Glad you are okay.

That has never happened to me and I've shot thousands upon thousands of rounds with multiple different MKIII.

Keep us updated. What you describe sounds pretty scary.:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads