Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Has anyone fired the Para Ordnance pistol with the light double action trigger system

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Phillyfan, May 3, 2011.

1. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

I had one, the trigger was nice, but I wanted to make the gun more accurate. The gunsmith I spoke to told me that if I took off the slide & measured the slide rails I would find the measurement would be off, and that the rails would not be properly aligned. He was right, I got rid of my Paras and bought an STI as he suggested. I can't say enough good stuff about my STI 2011 EDGE. It is much more accurate than I'll ever be!

3. Phillyfan

Hmm. I thought Para was higher quality than that. They sure are nice looking.

4. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

I had one a while back. Plenty accurate and uber reliable. I loved the LDA trigger but not the huge grip(shoulda got the single stack).

5. Phillyfan

Agree. I like the idea of 14 rounds of .45 acp, but it comes at a cost. Those grips are two wide for me too.

6. NoAim

NoAim Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Grips are too wide...ha. No wider than any other double stack .45.

7. billdeserthills

True, but I find the double stack STI easier to hold onto, if you don't like the grip get your wood-burning set out & give them a shave

8. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

Haven't saved up the coin for an LDA but have 3 other Para's. Never had an issue with quality and are my favorite guns in the safe!!!

9. NoAim

An STI is built for 9mm and .40. Really in .45, it's an 11 round gun. Not bad, but not great. The Para in full size trim will fit 14 in .45.

10. Phillyfan

Yeah, yeah. It just didn't feel right in my hand, felt too fat. Doesn't matter what the measurement is, if it feels that way then that is reality for a shooter. I have a double stack HK45. Know THAT gun feels good in my hand. I think I might look into a single stack Para with the LDA trigger, the trigger felt too good to ignore!

11. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

I've played extensively with the Para Carry LDA...unfortunately it only is chambered in 9mm but it is a very concealable platform. It was a single stack and felt awesome in my hand. Baron's Den in Eugene has had a trade-in one there for some time. Lots of holster wear on it.

12. NoAim

I love the HK45. But, it's not a double stack. It's a "one and a half stack". They did that on purpose to make the grip slimmer. Thus why it only holds 10.

13. Phillyfan

Ah, that makes sense. I stand corrected.

14. dan10mmman

dan10mmman puget sound Member

I purchased a P-16LDA a while bacK, took it with me to the gun show to find a holster. I ran in to a member that had a P-14 framed, Peter Stahl Conversion with a 6" ported Omega slide. Oh did I forget to mention it was a 10mm? We worked out the trade and I miss the P-16, But I love the Para in 10mm. The trigger on the LDA is really light and not as long as I thought it might be. Personally I have nothing but praise for Para-Ordnance, mine feed and fire anything I feed them

15. scrappydoo

scrappydoo Federal Way Active Member

I had a 14-45 LDA. It was fairly accurate and reliable. I liked the trigger at first, but after a while the long pull was bothersome.

16. billdeserthills

Well maybe you should shop at Brownells, that's where I got my 15 rd mags from for my STI EDGE 2011.
    Oh They're Real & They Are Fabulous!