JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Everyone remembers the old M10 and M11 submachineguns, but has anyone ever considered buying a newer MPA .45 ACP Carbine? With all the "rediscovery" of pistol caliber Carbines, the MPA .45 ACP Carbine should be well received.

With a 16 inch barrel and a 3.3 pound trigger pull (similar to that of a Glock) you can shoot as accurately as a Thompson Carbine for a MSRP of $810.00 (I saw it for a little more than $600.00 on Impact Guns). The 165 grain Pow-R-Ball ammunition shoots extremely well from this 16" barrel. Low recoil and accuracy should prove a lot of fun in the field (a proven hog killer) at reasonable ranges. It would also make for a good Home Defense carbine. For the price the MPA Carbine will likely be a good value for the dollar.

What do you think?

I'm thinking SBR it, down to about 10" and then toss on an Osprey suppressor and you're in business.

In the business of... what?

Let me see...Suppressor: $918.00. Fed Tax: $200.00. Barrel shortening/threading: $150.00
Total: $1,268.00 + $625.00 + $40.00 transfer fees = $1993.00.

I can't see the "added value" of a suppressed .45 ACP SBR. Not when more velocity and improved ballistics can be had for $665.00 all inclusive. I'll wear ear plugs/muffs for that amount of money.

The "cool" factor just isn't worth it.

In the business of... what?

Let me see...Suppressor: $918.00. Fed Tax: $200.00. Barrel shortening/threading: $150.00
Total: $1,268.00 + $625.00 + $40.00 transfer fees = $1993.00.

I can't see the "added value" of a suppressed .45 ACP SBR. Not when more velocity and improved ballistics can be had for $665.00 all inclusive. I'll wear ear plugs/muffs for that amount of money.

The "cool" factor just isn't worth it.
The "cool" factor is worth it if one can afford it and want it. At least in this country we have the option to do that, however expensive it is.

I notice a recurrent, ne' constant pattern of Passive-Aggressive behavior displayed by Captain Zero in keeping with an entire generation of SJWs and vid game commandos. I'll be putting him on Iggy as soon as I find that button

I like the idea of a .45 acp carbine.
As for short barrels and suppressors , if I had the money I'd get a suppressor.
I don't "need" and short barrel or suppressor, but...
With the new ruling for suppressors in Washington state , I think as many folks should get one if they can.
Just to keep that ruling active and alive so to speak.
I think many things fall under "If you don't use it , it can go away".
I wouldn't want any pro-gun ruling to go away.
Andy

1st why have a carbine in a pistol caliber? That's like a 4 banger muscle car...

Only thing I can think of would be for bump in the night issues.

At which point a short barrel would make it more maneuverable . A suppressor would help to keep your ears from ringing and not deafen other friendly's in the home.

If you can afford it then you should, if you can't then it seems like a lot of added expense.

I'd rather have one great gun then 10 ok ones.

As 5.56 is cheaper then .45acp and more capable I just don't see a reason for pistol caliber rifles.

Edited: Sbr and the suppressor are not cool, they are useful. You don't take a 10" screwdriver if you can only fit a 3" driver behind the screw...

As 5.56 is cheaper then .45acp and more capable I just don't see a reason for pistol caliber rifles.
Depends, when it comes to ammo that can be used for self defense it tends to even out. Costs aside, most .45 ACP will already be subsonic. Whereas 5.56 you'd have to get subsonic loads for the same benefit.

Though I'd suppress any SBR, whether it be 5.56, .45 ACP, .300 BLK, etc.

I'm still waiting for Sig Sauer to release their MPX pistol in .45 ACP.
Until then, I will just keep shooting my Thompson SMG and suppressed Mac 11.

1st why have a carbine in a pistol caliber? That's like a 4 banger muscle car...

I bet the US Army could answer your question. They seamed to think the M1 Carbine had a place in the arsenal.

Personally since my carbine is to nice to use as a truck gun I think something like this would make a nice truck gun for the back of my Willys Jeep. I been looking at a Winchester model 92 replica in 357mag or 44mag

Another way to answer your question is Winchester Model 73 were all made in pistol calibers as were all the model 92's and both came as carbines some with factory barrels as short as 14" though 20" was the std carbine.

I wasn't being flippant, I simply think that if your are going to shoot a pistol caliber carbine, you'll probably be better served by either the 9 x 23 or 10mm Auto. (Greater power and efficiency).

If not, a light rifle cartridge might be a better bet. This is why I'm so fond of the .30 Carbine at close ranges, Soft Point loads carry between 950-977 foot pounds of energy (1975-2000 fps).

Greater efficiency, better handling (35 3/4 inches in length), light in weight (5 lbs., 3 oz.). No wonder it worked so well.

The MPA .45 ACP Carbine is 3.5 pounds lighter than the Thompson Carbine, and a 30 round magazine can usually do the job.

I'm not a fan of pistol caliber carbines because what comes to mind is, why not just use a pistol. With that being said, I do sport wood whenever is see a suppressed f/a MP5.

I was not a fan of pistol caliber carbines till I actually shot a pistol caliber carbine....

Now I own like 6 pistol caliber carbines....

If you think they are dumb, I let you shoot my 9MM Tavor with the integrated Ratworx suppressor. (which I can shoot a hundred rounds for about $16) If you find no joy Then guns are probably not your thing.

ZRX.jpg

I think the biggest issue with the MPA .45 is its ugly.

Course I thought the Tavor's were ugly too, And now I have two of them.

Last Edited:
Sweet merciful crap! That looks as if it is a 20 pound rocket launcher. I might attempt to shoot it if it wore a Burqa. Ewwwww.

Look mommy, It's a crew served 9mm!

(BTW, I own a M31 Finnish Suomi and it IS rather heavy).

It weights around 11 pounds, But the mag and much of the weight is behind the grip. It actually feels lighter than it is because of how its oriented.

I do think its quite funny you are bad mouthing a Tavor in the same post you are singing the praises of the Masterpiece Arms :D

No, I just note that the MPA won't cost anywhere near as much as most of the other carbines, nor are you hauling around a bunch of plastic.

The Tavor is not a particularly attractive piece of ordnance. The MAC was the original, and simple to maintain. The best part of the deal is they are relatively inexpensive.

I have no knowledge of the Tavor's cost. It doesn't matter, because I wouldn't have much interest in a plastic covered gun.

The Mac is a waste of time. In semi it's a big chuck of steel, so why not just carry a 1911. In F/A it is 95% uncontrollable unless one adds a Lage slow fire upper and folding stock.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top