JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On the high end, but ears and eyes are important right? I figured these to be a very worthwhile investment, purchased a little over a year ago and have been with me every time I go shooting in the woods or at a match. Couldn't be happier..

However, after an hour of shooting today in the woods, it cut out.. I turned it back on, then it cut out again after 5 seconds. This was after putting brand new batteries in before I started. Thinking for some reason the batteries were bad for some reason, I got some new batts from a buddy and when replacing them I noticed discharge on the first pair..

I take my light and look inside and one of the contacts are covered in battery acid.. I dunno if it was a problem with the duracells I use or if it's within the engine of the headset. I'm careful to turn it off after every use, and if I forget, they have an auto shut off right?

I want to know if it was something I did, or if there is a problem with my headset. I've heard that some places get military order overstock that sometimes have problems, has this happened to any of you?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Skang! They only say MSA.. but I noticed on the box that it has a 5 year warranty, and a sticker from SRS Tactical which reminded me of where I purchased these! I contacted Robert and he just issued me an RMA# so it looks like I'm golden. :s0155:Thumbs up for SRS Tactical!

Update: So I got them back and there are no problems, work like they did before. I spoke with the guy that repaired them, Rusty, and asked what caused it and this is what he told me..

"The battery box is the weak point of the headsets, since they're waterproof they don' allow the batteries to vent, so if stored for a while you should unscrew the cap clear from the O-ring."

Just a heads up to other MSA owners.

Hey folks I know I'm reviving an old thread but I thought I could add some info that may help anyone searching the net for help with Sordin trouble.

I have owned a Sordin Supreme Pro Headset since 2008 or earlier (not certain). Earlier this year my headset started cutting out. Being an engineer I took a look at what was happening. The problem is a poor connection inside the battery box. The terminals are not contacting the AAA battery in the lower position. Apparently the terminals have fatigued over time. I do not see any evidence of corrosion inside the battery box. I discovered that not all AAA batteries are the same length. The longer batteries actually enabled my headset to turn on but not 100% reliably. This length variance was discovered with my reloading caliper.

In order to achieve a solid connection I added some copper tape (conductive adhesive) to the base (-) of the battery to snug up the fit in the bottom position. Five layers of tape in place and my headset is functioning perfectly. (Little squares approximately 1/8" X 1/8")

I used a voltmeter and verified the full voltage (~3.6 VDC) of two AAA batteries in series is now being applied to the terminals on the exterior of the battery compartment.

Ultimately I would like to obtain a new/replacement battery compartment. But for now I have the headset back functioning at 100% and have verified that the circuit boards are fully functional.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top