JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I envy you.....I'm hooked on the TV screen, so there's no hope for me. :D

I found at first that Rum helped but then I had to join AA.
Kind of a viscous circle............

But seriously we really don't miss it.
We catch a glimpse every once in a while at a friend's house
and can't believe what they call "entertainment" these days.
If it was free it still wouldn't be worth it.
But like I said, we all like different things so there's room for everyone.............;)

Chuckle....If I was a reader I could go the no TV route. I just can't sit and read for some reason. I read fine, just can't do it for extended periods.

Your being a bit harsh.
Most Zombies don't look down there nose at you.

The truth is. About half of them can't. o_O

D6A.jpg

I had enough of it back in the early '70s Captain, when I was leaving the theater after watching Night of the Living Dead.
So I didn't think much of the resurgence either.

The whole thing makes about as much sense a "Sharknado" Where to they get this tripe? No true thought processes her, folks, If the networks pump it out, they figure the public will "feed at the trough".

There's no real mental stimulus involved.

This trend will probably never end, same with the superhero movies, and Star Wars/Star Trek. I remember listening to an actor and a director being interviewed on a podcast and they talked about how most screenwriters and directors are hard core, comic nerds. This is why there is a glut of these movies and they will keep cranking them out as long as they make money from them.

Yes, but these remind me of Jeff Albertson (Comic Book Guy) from The Simpsons. These people live in a world of complete and utter fantasy. (It's no wonder that they've completely lost touch with reality).

If Jesus The Christ came down to earth tomorrow morning and introduced himself, they would probably ask Him for identification. :rolleyes:o_O:mad:

Last Edited:
I hear you. There is no secret that I am a big fan of all things early movie monster (e.g., vampires, werewolves, mummies, gillman, Frankenstein's monster, space invaders, and, yes, zombies), so in general I enjoy the classics and their modern renditions. That said, yes, the zombie genre is completely oversaturated circa 2017. And I'm saying that from the vantage of someone that hasn't seen a single episode of The Walking Dead nor watches cable television. Parenthetically, I've always found the retail crossover between fictional zombies and the shooting world pretty silly, but too each their own.

I hear you. There is no secret that I am a big fan of all things early movie monster (e.g., vampires, werewolves, mummies, gill man, Frankenstein's monster, space invaders, and, yes, zombies), so in general, I enjoy the classics and their modern renditions. That said, yes, the zombie genre is completely oversaturated circa 2017. And I'm saying that from the vantage of someone that hasn't seen a single episode of The Walking Dead nor watches cable television. Parenthetically, I've always found the retail crossover between fictional zombies and the shooting world pretty silly, but too each their own.

I don't hate the "zombie" genre entirely. As you stated, the "saturation" of the media by the particular setting is growing old. The "Sharknado" bull sauce got old fast as well. (I never watched any of that tripe either).

Were they to resurrect The Invisible Man (and do so correctly) it might be worth watching. Until then, *yawn* I'm not interested.

Back to the original subject...

"Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy."--user "rocsteady" at M4Carbine.net

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top