JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone had the experience where a LEO asked to see their concealed license? How did it go?

I've only been pulled over once in my adult life. I was legally carrying concealed and the officer didn't ask about firearms in the vehicle and I didn't say anything.

Producing a CHL seems like something that, if properly concealed, wouldn't even be an issue unless the firearm had to be used and the courts got involved.

Never been asked, then again I haven't had to drive a warrant wagon in about 30 years...:D

Here's an example:
warrant wagon.jpg

Its tied to your DL and plates, so they likely already know before they make contact.
Now I have heard that it is tied to your DL&plates but, I have also heard that it isn't. Where can one find proof that's it's one or the other? Is there a leo on this forum to say what is what or is there a website one can look at to see. I have heard about a 50/50 on this subject.

They are not supposed to ask you in Oregon, but will lie and say they are. Went through training with MCSO and they told us, LEOs not supposed to ask, but one can offer as a courtesy...but they will still lie about it. Kevin Starett said he instructs them about this at Monmouth.

Pulled over late one night after returning from dinner with friends in Canada. He looked like a teenager in an LE's
uniform. He said I was supposed to signal when I stayed right in a lane split. He and I were the only ones around.
Just the usual questions...Never asked about my CPL. I figured it must have been a slow night. :rolleyes:

Neither WA or OR require that you advise the Officer. The one time I advised the Officer, he asked "Are you going to shoot me" I looked at him funny then decided not to say anything unless asked. YMMV

I've never had an issue but I really don't interact much with LEO's except when we we're playing poker. Just be cool, yes sir, no sir, concealed is concealed. They generally know if you're a potential problem. CHL holders are not their primary concern as far as citizens go. "Community members" however...

Now I have heard that it is tied to your DL&plates but, I have also heard that it isn't. Where can one find proof that's it's one or the other? Is there a leo on this forum to say what is what or is there a website one can look at to see. I have heard about a 50/50 on this subject.

In WA, your CPL shows up when you get ran through the computer. DOL gets paperwork from your CPL issuing agency and its tied to your drivers license. Since your plates and vehicle registration are tied to you as well, the same info pops up when those items are ran.

I've had a CHL for around 20 years. Never asked, though I would produce said if I had to. However, in Oregon, they know the second they run your drivers license information. I've even heard it over a radio.

Until this thread, I didn't know about Washington; I used to have a license in both states because I lived so close to the border. Many moons ago, I was stopped in the middle of no where by a WSP officer and he didn't ask either. (I got a verbal warning something to the effect of "I know there ain't nothing or no one out here for miles around, but watch the speed. Its for your own good." :s0112:)

Yes but...
Not with a traffic stop...I was asked after the police responded , when I stopped* my neighbor's soon to be ex-husband...from beating her head on the stair railing.
*By stopped I mean by , eventually having to aim my rifle at him , and telling him to leave , after he advanced upon me , threatening me....
Andy

Yes but...
Not with a traffic stop...I was asked after the police responded , when I stopped* my neighbor's soon to be ex-husband...from beating her head on the stair railing.
*By stopped I mean by , eventually having to aim my rifle at him , and telling him to leave , after he advanced upon me , threatening me....
Andy

Yikes, that's unpleasant. :eek:

Out of curiosity, was it a muzzleloader or something of a more recent vintage?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top