JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Managed to snap the threads off a bolt on my Harris bipod this evening 'cause I'm just oh so strong...

I've contacted Harris but was eager to use this on Sunday, so I'm hoping the part might exist locally. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it.

Some sort of threaded hitch pin? Let me know, if you know. Thanks!

05B6D515-2A0A-4C27-A65F-1A092CFD7FDF.jpeg

Let me know, if you know. Thanks!
Well, I don't know specifically but I do know it looks like an easy part to make.

Find a bolt the same diameter and length (approx) and grind (or turn the hex head if you have access to a lathe) to the diameter of the original

Find a piece of rod the diameter of the 'crosspiece' , cut to length and drill a hole in the bolt head slightly smaller and drive the pin in and you are in biz for Sunday!

This is assuming the part actually has to look like this. Might be a simpler 'workaround' for it.

Last Edited:
Well, I don't know specifically but I do know it looks like an easy part to make.

Find a bolt the same diameter and length (approx) and grind (or turn the hex head if you have access to a lathe) to the diameter of the original

Find a piece of rod the diameter of the 'crosspiece' , cut to length and drill a hole in the bolt head slightly smaller and drive the pin in and you are in biz for Sunday!

This is assuming the part actually has to look like this. Might be a simpler 'workaround' for it.

The shape seems pretty necessary. This is the part as it sits in the head:

F644DD19-F7E5-43F0-B91F-AB0670CEE8A2.jpeg

CFFB5338-147B-495D-BCD7-77D54D826821.jpeg

I've got some amateur woodworker tools, including a small lathe and drill press...guess I'll see if I can find something close and get it there.

Maybe try a local auto parts store for a solution......Think valve cover bolts.....
Maybe a long allen head bolt and just drill (in press block) for the roll pin.

1619290381667.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top