JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok here's the deal.... Have you shot IDPA? Did ya get bit by the bug? Did you have an idea on coures of fire?

Did you help at the match??? Setup / Tear Down or better BOTH ????
Those who read this have seen what it takes to put a match on, it is work! But very COOL WORK

I wanna see if there are shooters in the area of ALBANY , SALEM and the surrounding area that would help launch a monthly match so others young and OLD can test their skills and improve their PERSONAL BEST! With carry guns and their Back Up Guns. Maybe even with their PISTOL CALIBER CARBINES , if the CORE GROUP can Get approval.

Post your thoughts and let's see if we can get this to happen.

Thanks for looking
Hope to hear some Positive Feed Back

Please, not at ARPC. There are already too many group events hogging up high value shooting times at ARPC. It seems that 90% of weekends have events of some type and for us working stiffs, weekends are when we typically have a block of time to commit to shooting sports. In addition, there have been many new members added in the last few years and it is difficult to have any resemblance of privacy while shooting any more.

Thanks for the input .... I will pass it on, I was wondering abt that myself.
But to all others keep input your voices.

I agree that IDPA may be another viable sport but also have to agree about the saturation of ARPC. Not sure of the construction schedule, but may be best to wait until after the range expansion is complete to bring this one to fruition. Have you brought this up to members of the board yet? They're probably the best judges of range availability.

I have no idea of the availability of range time at Dundee, but that's another possible location.

And by the way, the USPSA matches and steel challenge at ARPC and the matches at other nearby clubs keep many people pretty busy. Then there are regional competitions, points contests, and outlaw matches. You really think there aren't hard core shooters around here already? You can use your carry gun in production class all day long if you want so that's really a non issue. Of course, that's just my opinion and it's worth every bit of what you paid for it!

Thanks, I value your opinion. I do understand its a busy club, I've shot both the games since 89. My old club SNPL put on the western states championships in Reno. IDPA offers a low round match making it affordable to new comers that don't reload.

Just want as much feed back before hitting the board up. Oh it was brought up to me about putting it together when I asked if the club had IDPA matchs.

Thanks again
And happy new year.

There was talk within the last couple of years of IDPA coming to ARPC. I am not sure where it went.

As far as group events at ARPC, the argument could be made they lessen pressure on the range. Most are attended by a majority of club members that are using the bays in large groups, unlike the typical bay use of one or two people.
Remember, ARPC is moving in a direction of expanding membership and the range. More people likely will mean less privacy.

On another point the ur right abt the growing membership, but it is be cause of that it as been able to expand and upgrade the new north bays were not there and the bathrooms were on wheels. When I 1st started using the range back when dang primers were 12bks a box liked it better when they were under 10!

Dedicated shooters may had been a better phase but I think most knew what I ment, it takes wo

rk to start something new. But this not like running 300 plus shooters over a weekend match as western states championship did. Just ask my old shooting bud kevin of KKM barrels and will shueman dang those hybrid barrel comps were LOUD. !!!!

Ok here's the deal.... Have you shot IDPA? Did ya get bit by the bug? Did you have an idea on coures of fire?

Did you help at the match??? Setup / Tear Down or better BOTH ????
Those who read this have seen what it takes to put a match on, it is work! But very COOL WORK

I wanna see if there are shooters in the area of ALBANY , SALEM and the surrounding area that would help launch a monthly match so others young and OLD can test their skills and improve their PERSONAL BEST! With carry guns and their Back Up Guns. Maybe even with their PISTOL CALIBER CARBINES , if the CORE GROUP can Get approval.

Post your thoughts and let's see if we can get this to happen.

Thanks for looking
Hope to hear some Positive Feed Back

Your statement of pistol caliber rifles, multi-gun or tactical matches sound more of what you looking for

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top