JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Personal Portable Security Safe

64079_I.jpg

Having just build a Willys Jeep Body out of 16ga USA steel I'll bet if I could get both hands on that box and at least a foot of slack on the cable with a few good jerks that little nubbin holding the cable would pull right out. If not the way its designed a Wonderbar could pull it out of there like a duplex nail.

Granted for less then $20 its one hell of a lot better then tossing your pistol on the floor in the back of your rig.

Bit unless you were to do a lot of modifying thats easier to get into them a locking console or glove box.

IMHO

These are better than nothing but will only keep the honest thief out. I had my truck broken into a few years ago and had a similar model lockbox under the seat. The crook pried it open (probably with a screwdriver) but thankfully it was empty. The thief also pried open my glovebox...even though it was unlocked.

Crooks, despite the movies, are generally dumb bubblegums. I'd add that if they weren't, they'd work a job instead (using their not dumbness)

I actually switched from a Bulldog combo car safe to a PacSafe travelsafe. It is a cut/slash resistant bag with an embedded stainless steel mesh. The top cinches down with a braided stainless steel cable that wraps around and locks to a fixed object. It fits completely under the seat of my Toyota Tacoma, which has very low seats. The Bulldog safe stuck out from under the seat several inches. It will only deter a smash and grab thief, but that is the most common type in these part.

For those in WA State, remember that I-1639 goes into effect on June 1, 2019. It may be overturned in the Courts, but until then you don't want to leave a handgun "bare" in your vehicle.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top