Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Happy Valley says hi.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HappyValleyAP, Oct 14, 2010.

1. HappyValleyAP

HappyValleyAP Brush Prairie, WA Active Member

My name's Adam - I'm 29 and from Happy Valley. Got married a year ago - and started to see the benefit of being able to protect yourself (and your wife) while we still have our rights to do so. I'm very new to the firearm scene and am just starting to pick up some weapons to build a collection. If you are from the Happy Valley/Clackamas area say hi - and if you know of any good ranges (whether indoor or outdoor) please pass them onto me. Clackamas Safety Center is the closest, but I'm hoping to find some free outdoor spots like the one many have mentioned out in Estacada for safe weekend fun.

2. .45's and .38's

.45's and .38's Happy Valley OR Well-Known Member

Welcome to nwfa. I am also from happy valley! I think I know the perfect spot for you out in estacada. I'll send you a private message!

3. HappyValleyAP

HappyValleyAP Brush Prairie, WA Active Member

Thanks! Of the indoor and outdoor ranges nearby are there any you recommend or avoid? Was considering English pit with this beautiful weather!

4. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

Welcome, my zip code says Happy Valley too! I go to Douglas Ridge personally, but would love to hear about some outdoor public spots to shoot as well.

5. olyshoots

olyshoots Vancouver USA Member

Welcome from the 'Couv north of you. English Pit is a good choice and you can pay by the visit. Tri County is an awesome club but you need to buy an annual membership. Well worth it if you intend to shoot alot, but a bigger $$ commitment. For outdoor public shooting - you end up driving quite a few miles and burning up the cash in gas costs. Douglas and English are good bets for you.

6. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Welcome! Check out Johnson Creek Gun Club :)

7. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

Welcome.

8. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome

9. Doubletap247

Doubletap247 Happy Valley, Oregon, United States New Member

@happyValleyAP.

Did you ever find a good place to shoot that you frequent?
    I am also fairly new to the Happy Valley area and Oregon in general.We moved here from AZ and finding a spot in the desert was a whole lot easier. plus they have some top notch indoor gun ranges. I used to be a member of Scottsdale gun club and didnt realize how spoiled I became since you could shoot anything all the way up to .50bmg indoor.

10. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

That's the only thing about Johnson Creek range. No rifles.....

11. Doubletap247

Doubletap247 Happy Valley, Oregon, United States New Member

So... Not even.22 rifle?
    That would make it tough for me to join and still need to find another place to shot my rifles.
    We haven been on a tour yet for that reason.

We went on a tour of TCGC and thought it was nice but the pistole range left something to be desired by way of needing to go cold range to change targets. And having to take a class to use the action range even though I have has more than enough training to prove my skill.

We tried some spots up 26 and out past DRRC but they were a real mess and had idiots shouting un every direction. If I only had the money to open an indoor range like SGC.

The hunt continues

12. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

I think you CAN shoot .22 in there, and they do have a pretty cool target system in there, but its a short range. Not really good for larger then .22 rifles anyway. Strictly a handgun range. That said, it is a great place.

13. JennyC

JennyC Portland, Oregon Member

Welcome to the site! I really enjoy going to Johnson Creek Gun Club :)

14. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

welcome to NWF ! prineville says hi ! looks like your getting around pretty good already.....enjoy !

steven