JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No I'm straight! :s0131:

:s0155:

Let's see is there anyone I missed offending today.....where my check list.....

Don't sweat it. I'm a 10 commandment and Passover observant Christian and one of my buddies for years has made lamb dishes for our Passover get togethers. He even finally figured out how to make them tasty!

No hard feelings anyone. Trslmn is a decent guy, I have seen him around the board and he is a good mod. Yes, the word GOY refers to a gentile (non-Jew). It is a Hebrew word, sometime referred to in its plural form as goyim.

Anyhow, Trslmn assured me he would have matzah served with his lamb burgers, so he should be good to go. :s0155:

Mr. Nice Guy, I also have shopped at B&H, so I know what you mean. Yeah, we Jews do have lots of holidays. There is always something to celebrate in our religion. You might have to check the Hebrew Calendar next time you plan to shop at B&H.. :D

Blitzkrieg, I do recognize Passover is also a holy day to many Christians now as well. In that respect, I wish you a very blessed Passover.

Shalom v'Ahavah (Peace and Love).. No Hard Feelings Today..

Hollis.. I know Goyim means Nations, but you have to understand the connotations of the Hebrew language. The words have different meanings in different context, which makes it different than English. When a person is called a goy or goyim, it means they are outside the Jewish people; that is, of the nations. The word gentile is an Engish word but correlates more or less to this Hebrew word.

The word can be used in a degrading way, although also can be used jokingly. I believe we are all Achim (Brothers) here, whether ethnically or not.

Mr. Nice Guy, I also have shopped at B&H, so I know what you mean. Yeah, we Jews do have lots of holidays. There is always something to celebrate in our religion. You might have to check the Hebrew Calendar next time you plan to shop at B&H.. :D

:s0112:
B&H may close a lot, but they're really good at expressing the situation on their website.

SO, merry passover? Happy passover?

To those who celebrate, Chag Pesach Semeach.
4freedom Goyim, means nations. Generally refers to the other nations, but can refer to Jews too.

It's a general term meaning nations. It can refer to any race/nation depending on the specific passage in question, including the so-called "Lost tribes of Israel" that Yashua-Messiah said He came for exclusively, in Matthew 15:24

Hollis.. I know Goyim means Nations, but you have to understand the connotations of the Hebrew language. The words have different meanings in different context, which makes it different than English. When a person is called a goy or goyim, it means they are outside the Jewish people; that is, of the nations. The word gentile is an Engish word but correlates more or less to this Hebrew word.

The word can be used in a degrading way, although also can be used jokingly. I believe we are all Achim (Brothers) here, whether ethnically or not.

I know, more in the local expressions it is used in a derogatory manner. I was trying to keep it simple, where I say it generally refers to the other nation (gentiles). Like most words it is how it is said that makes it come off as a positive or a negative expression (snide remark). There is more to this, then I want to get into. There are groups that give false meanings to words, to make other people look bad.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top