JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
We voted for it and my gal is headed to Fred Meyers today to buy McNaughtons whiskey.. she says it's a LOT cheaper than at the prohibition era state run stores. The "it's going to cost more!" crowd are the antis, pro government micromanagement types. If you temporarily see price gouging on some premium boozes, avoid those stores and PRICE shop, it will quickly stabilize. It seems some people haven't heard of COMPETITION

Another great feature of this relative FREEDOM is that you can buy your booze 24/7 now, not at the dictated whims of the state. Having a party and need a bottle of something you forgot? Go at 12 PM to the supermarket and pick it up. Work wierd hours and you're out of your favorite? No problem now

Freedom, it's for We the People. Statists can go to #@!!

The price on the shelf is not the final price. There's a 20.5% tax on top of that plus a $3.77 per liter tax. A $10 bottle of booze costs $14.87 with tax. <broken link removed>

The price on the shelf is not the final price. There's a 20.5% tax on top of that plus a $3.77 per liter tax. A $10 bottle of booze costs $14.87 with tax. <broken link removed>

McNaughtons at Fred Meyers is $23 total.. it was $25.50 at the state run stores. So it's cheaper. The prices will also drop as competition sets in

The taxes on liquor after the recent corporate driven & Califreakian approved change in our liquor system are exactly the same as they were. I know because I worked in liquor stores from 1980 to 1991. And I do research to find things called...facts!

The prices are higher because the distributors are charging much more than the former WSLCB markup. The distributor fee was set to replace that markup, but the OUT OF STATE distributors are so afraid of not making extravagant profits that they set the markups as high as the retailers would pay. And the grocery chains are making big money, too. You can count on that because when you see the bigwigs (flabby desk jockeys) in the stores, they always have big grins on their faces. Of course, this money will never trickle down to the drones who actually do the work. Working people just get trickled on and the fools who buy into this "government is bad" crap don't realize they are the pee-ons.

Why do so many of you hate police officers, firefighters, teachers & the soldiers, sailors, airmen & marines? They are government workers. They do the jobs that protect us and teach the children of those of you who are still so clueless that you don't know that bringing children into the world is cruel, becuse mass starvation is coming and in the meantime, the corporate masters are intent on making the USA a third world, Dickensian country. (There is no country called America, BTW, look at a map and stop being too lazy to say the full name of the country you profess to love)

In summation, the Califreakians & Morongonians (from orygon) should have been driven back south at gunpoint starting 35 years ago. Then this state, where I was born when Ike was Prez, and both my parents families have lived since at least the 1930s, would still be livable. The people back then moved into homes, not "investments". And for those of you who don't know, a car is a machine, a tool, not some precious gem to be turned over in a lease. Unless it was my 1966 BelAir, which I still miss more than any of my ex-GFs. But don't get me started on the scumbag oil companies & the banksters & speculators.

Anyway, to make my main point again, THE LIQUOR TAX IS STILL THE SAME! Out of state distributors are jacking up prices, grocery chains are making big bucks, and hundreds of decent, hard working union people are unemployed or working in what are basically coveinance stores. I'm so old that I can remember when Washington was a nice place to live. Now it's just another Califreakian style toilet. And no matter how new a toilet is, it's still full of the same stuff!!!

The taxes on liquor after the recent corporate driven & Califreakian approved change in our liquor system are exactly the same as they were. I know because I worked in liquor stores from 1980 to 1991. And I do research to find things called...facts!

The prices are higher because the distributors are charging much more than the former WSLCB markup. The distributor fee was set to replace that markup, but the OUT OF STATE distributors are so afraid of not making extravagant profits that they set the markups as high as the retailers would pay. And the grocery chains are making big money, too. You can count on that because when you see the bigwigs (flabby desk jockeys) in the stores, they always have big grins on their faces. Of course, this money will never trickle down to the drones who actually do the work. Working people just get trickled on and the fools who buy into this "government is bad" crap don't realize they are the pee-ons.

Why do so many of you hate police officers, firefighters, teachers & the soldiers, sailors, airmen & marines? They are government workers. They do the jobs that protect us and teach the children of those of you who are still so clueless that you don't know that bringing children into the world is cruel, becuse mass starvation is coming and in the meantime, the corporate masters are intent on making the USA a third world, Dickensian country. (There is no country called America, BTW, look at a map and stop being too lazy to say the full name of the country you profess to love)

In summation, the Califreakians & Morongonians (from orygon) should have been driven back south at gunpoint starting 35 years ago. Then this state, where I was born when Ike was Prez, and both my parents families have lived since at least the 1930s, would still be livable. The people back then moved into homes, not "investments". And for those of you who don't know, a car is a machine, a tool, not some precious gem to be turned over in a lease. Unless it was my 1966 BelAir, which I still miss more than any of my ex-GFs. But don't get me started on the scumbag oil companies & the banksters & speculators.

Anyway, to make my main point again, THE LIQUOR TAX IS STILL THE SAME! Out of state distributors are jacking up prices, grocery chains are making big bucks, and hundreds of decent, hard working union people are unemployed or working in what are basically coveinance stores. I'm so old that I can remember when Washington was a nice place to live. Now it's just another Califreakian style toilet. And no matter how new a toilet is, it's still full of the same stuff!!!

Maybe you should move.

Anyway, to make my main point again, THE LIQUOR TAX IS STILL THE SAME!

Your right the TAX is still the same. There are now new "FEES" which are not "taxes" because we call them a different name :huh:

<broken link removed>

Confusion over prices going up has to do with the new fees at distribution and retail that were established by I-1183 and enacted by voters. The initiative added a 10 percent fee at distribution and a 17 percent fee at retail. So, what you have is: distributors marking up the product (includes cost of goods, operating costs, and profit) and adding a 10 percent fee then retailers marking up the product (includes cost of goods, operating costs, and profit) and adding a 17 percent fee.

So how do you feel about your own government? That would be the Canadian government, since you are a Canadian citizen posting from Eastern Canada. :s0155:

So how do you feel about your own government? That would be the Canadian government, since you are a Canadian citizen posting from Eastern Canada. :s0155:

funny_owned_boy.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews