JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Came back from having breakfast with four generations of my family and have water pouring out of the wall on my house. I'm a guy who absolutely hates plumbing and have had to replace a water heater and a dishwasher over the last couple weeks. The way the house was built they were both nightmares. Can't wait to see what this new problem is going to cost, as I'm done (forever) attempting to be a plumber. Rant over, have a great day!

I feel your pain. Maybe this will make you feel a little better...

There was an extension on the drain hose for the washing machine box that the previous (unknown) plumber did not cement into place. It became dislodged and instead of the washing machine draining into the drain box it drained down and inside the wall.

In the course of repairing the wall we noticed that the previous plumber who had replaced the water heater (also unknown as it had been done by the previous owner), anchored the water heater directly into the drain pipe from the second floor. I mean he couldn't have nailed the pipe any better if he had deliberately been trying. And it turns out that had been slow leaking into the wall for probably years. The drain line isn't under pressure so it went unnoticed.

Soooooo more of the wall needed to be replaced...which necessitated temporarily relocating the water heater to a different part of the laundry room. Sooooo, we had a plumber do that....good plumber that we had used before several times...except the connection he used failed...and flooded ten feet into the living room.

While all that crap was going on, three different angle stops in three different bathrooms failed. The somewhat good news is that after the first one failed, we checked the others and caught them in time before they caused any real damage. The angle stops had been recently replaced by my girlfriends cousin who was a plumber...obviously not a very good one.

Pro Tips:

Don't skimp on plumbers. They should be licensed and fully insured.

Don't use anyone that you would have a problem suing...like a cousin or family member. The first question your insurance company is going to ask you if you file a claim is, "who did the work and were they licensed?"

The first question you should ask a plumber is, "are you licensed fully insured incase you screw the pooch?"

The second question you should ask is, "do you have an established relationship with a water/mold remediation company if your work fails?"

Lastly, and again...Water damage gets very expensive very fast. Don't skimp on plumbers.

WOLVERINES!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads