JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:s0155:

Have you held your M1911 today?:)

Technically, mine is only 68...

338.jpg

John Moses Browning has an appropriate middle name. The guy was amazing. 100 years and not only have his designs lived on, but nobody has been able to significantly improve on them.

Those white trash jack-asses on Sons of Guns tried to "improve" a M1919 on a recent episode, and ended up making a classic machine gun into some Mack Bolan wannabe's wet dream. That was a sin.

dont blame them...blame the d0uchebag that owned it, and wanted it converted to a shoulderable weapon for his dumb a$$ competition...

does my kimber RCP count? its not a "true" 1911

Those white trash jack-asses on Sons of Guns tried to "improve" a M1919 on a recent episode, and ended up making a classic machine gun into some Mack Bolan wannabe's wet dream. That was a sin.

I used to read Mack Bolan... :)

As far as Sons of Guns goes, I will still watch it for the guns but if it is not scripted by some know nothing reality show producer then those guys are seriously lacking in gun knowledge on many occasions. :(

Here is a bit of an ironic story about how old fashioned the 1911 is. My wife is a gun novice. I teach her stuff and she can shoot, but to her, its just something to have fun with and maybe protect herself with. There is no love of their history, awe of their technical innovations, or detailed understanding of their functioning. She knows how to load, aim and shoot. She initially had a revolver for the simplicity and safety of a long trigger pull. She has never really mastered the double action pull though at realistic home defense ranges she is definitely minute of chest cavity. So I finally convinced her that automatic pistols don't jam after two shots like in the movies and you get more firepower and the triggers have less travel than revolvers. So we go to a gun shop to check out various plastic guns and their triggers. I'm thinking M&P 9 because I think its one of the best among the major 9mm autos. She thinks it is ok and we move on to the XDM. Trigger is squishier and she doesn't like it. She tried the Ruger SR9 and she said "no" so I tried the trigger and agreed it was horrible. She tried the Glock and her exact words were "it feels like a toy!" :) She said it fairly loud too, I'm not making this up. So I'm running out of plastic fantastic and am about to give up when for fun I ask to see the Colt Defender. I explain that although its a single action pistol its a lot like the Ruger 22/45 she likes to plink with. I explain the thumb safety, grip safety interlock with the trigger and the passive firing pin safety. She says she likes the thumb safety cause she can tell by the way it locks into the slide that it is on. She says it looks natural and once she dry fires it she says she wants the Colt Defender. So the gun novice who doesn't know or care that the 1911 is a "professional's" pistol picks the 1911 because it feels natural and safest to her... :)

Gotta love it.

Same with the episode where they converted the repro Thompson into select fire for the Sheriff's Dept because he had an 'abundance' of .45 ACP ammo on hand. Lets see, a 23 lb Tommy Gun for modern day Law Enforcement usage? (I believe that was the mentioned finished weight loaded) Someone refresh my memory but isn't the M-60 about 26 lbs?
blame the d0uchebag that owned it, and wanted it converted to a shoulderable weapon for his dumb a$$ competition...
Yes he was a rather cocky sort with two things apparently new to him - an abundance of money and an interest in guns on some level.

I polished my feed ramp AGAIN lol..... whipped it down and spanked my grip.... told her what a dirty dirty 1911 she is hahahaha. However she does not like me putting my finger in her to figure out if it has one in the chamber. (if this gets flagged your a looser lol).

Those douchebags couldn't pour piss out of a boot if instructions were printed on the heel. They can all die in a fire, as far as I'm concerned.

The episode that turned it for me was the mounting of the two M-16's side by side on the vehicle. And who was the 'Lieutenant' in the woodland cammos and the non-issue hat who was ordering this and for what use? (I did not see the whole show)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top