Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Happy 10-22!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Chalupacabra, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Chalupacabra

Chalupacabra Portland Active Member

Who did something nice for their Ruger 10-22 to celebrate?
    I've had mine for about 2 years and it has always given me problems. Yesterday, I decided that I would do some research/work on it. I went to the range today to test it and when I was checking in, noticed the date.
    Quite proper since it worked better today than it has since new. TBH, I was getting ready to trade it for a Hi-Point/Red Ryder/slingshot/blowgun/burrito. Now, I want to invest some $ into it. Feels good.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  2. fyrediver

fyrediver Seattle Active Member

Happy 10/22 to you too!

While not specifically for the date, I just installed a brass shim kit! Really smoothed out the trigger. Now just need to shoot it!

3. DK47

DK47 Beaverton, OR Member

I've had mine for almost 15 years, thought I did everything I could to it, but just bought a silencerco sparrow, now time to wait 9mos...

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  4. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

For 10/22 day?
    I bought a Marlin.

5. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I got mine a Bill Springfield $39 trigger job - the trigger pack just came back today.

6. OregonPlinker

OregonPlinker Creswell, Or Active Member

I have 2 10/22s. Did the trigger work myself and breech first cleaning holes. Other than that they are plain jane scoped 10/22's. I got them a few friends without realizing the date. S&W M&P15 .22, GSG 1911 .22 and a Taurus 1911. Im sure they will all become good friends...

7. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

Another reason America is the greatest country on Earth...silly Europeans with their day/month naming scheme can never celebrate 10-22!

I own a 10/22 and it shoots just fine, but I prefer my Savage Mk III for .22LR. The 10-22 is a great platform to play with though.

8. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

nothing wrong with 10/22, but I like my CZ bolt action.

9. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Waiting patiently for a month with (AK) 47 days in it.

10. Chalupacabra

Chalupacabra Portland Active Member

I've been looking into getting a bolt rimfire and a 455 Varmint or American .22lr/17hmr combo are on my short list.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.