JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The statement goes " all gave some and some gave all" I will always owe a debt to those that did what they thought was right. But you have to ask yourself is the world a better place because we fought the "police action "called Vietnam"? I don't know that answer but I sure have thought about it. It's like water that has gone under a bridge, it's gone. Maybe the real question would it be worth fighting again

What you must remember is the history of French Indochina before the Vietnam Conflict. For better or worse, the French had colonized the area in the late 19th century. During WW2, our allies (the French and Free China had fought against The Axis powers).

After the fall of these powers Communist China (A movement spurred by the Soviet Union that helped establish Chairman Mao Tse Tung) decided to violently overthrow French Indochina and kill anyone... and I mean ANYONE that stood in their way. This included villagers, old men, women and children that didn't follow their Communist dogma. This meant the extermination of any opposition.

When the NVA, Viet Minh and VC began their Soviet-backed reign of terror (and brainwashing) in 1954, President Eisenhower wasn't going to let them get away with this egregious criminality. The fall of Dien Bien Phu showed the world what The Russian and China backed armies were doing. They were preparing to exterminate an entire country. We had little choice but to respond to such an attack of our allies.

That was what the Vietnam Conflict was all about.

Last Edited:
Thank you for the information. I will stick to my position that we had no business there it wasn't our fight but we made it ours.

Look up Pol Pot and what he did in Cambodia after we left Vietnam. Killing 5 million innocent Cambodian nationals wasn't wrong, was it? OF COURSE IT WAS!

This is what happens when Communism runs amok and unopposed. Obama is importing Fascism and Sharia Law will mimic it to the hilt. Remember when the Arab states embraced Nazi policies?

Think about it.

Thank you for the information. I will stick to my position that we had no business there it wasn't our fight but we made it ours.
Well don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back, just because you have the benefit of 50 years of hindsight for perspective.
Many disagree with the position adopted by the Johnson administration, but our brave young men had NO choice. None. At. All. They were drafted. It was either go, or be branded a felon/traitor/draft dodger.

Hanoi Jane did more than come out against the Johnson admin, she came out against the Soldiers, Marines, Sailors and Airmen themselves. That's what made it so unforgivable then, and carries the stigma to this day.
Fonda stepped up in the middle of the conflict and gave aid and comfort, and public support to the enemy(ies) of our brethren on the battlefield. Which is what she was vilified for then as well as now.

Snivel all you want JRuby, but know that you're liable to fall from the same high horse she did.

I predict that the eventual location of her last resting place will become a focus of pilgrimage for every Veteran of Vietnam who survives her.

Not to pay homage, but to p*ss on her plot.

Her epitaph should read 'Here lies Jane Fonda, friend of the Viet-Cong, but no friend of America's sons in their hour of need'.

tac

We can't change the past but we sure ought to learn from it. Yet we keep failing to put America first.

I have stated my dislike of Fonda because as you say she destroyed the lives of many good men. What I don't understand is why she was ever allowed back in the US.

Look up Pol Pot and what he did in Cambodia after we left Vietnam. Killing 5 million innocent Cambodian nationals wasn't wrong, was it? OF COURSE IT WAS!

This is what happens when Communism runs amok and unopposed. Obama is importing Fascism and Sharia Law will mimic it to the hilt. Remember when the Arab states embraced Nazi policies?

Think about it.
Persia was so enamored w/the Aryan ideal they changed their name...to Iran and the Grand Mufti recruited 1000's to join the Nazis, they had their own SS Division
th?id=OIP.M8ad21dfaade10815b5eb4c460ab30e2bo0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=244&h=174.jpg

I volunteered! I joined the Navy as a proud sailor and I'm glad I did. I had the courgae to stand up when others ran to Canada. My father was a WW2 hero (Pearl Harbor Survivor after they pulled him from the water and removed a piece of shrapnel from his head). He went back to the fleet and then had 7 more ships sank from beneath him. After this he was shipped to Korea.

I was proud to serve my country! While others in my class would wring their hands and p*ss all over themselves after listening to the Leftist mantra that nearly destroyed our country. (Watch tapes of the 1968 Democrat Convention in Chicago and the Watts riots and tell me we weren't up to our hips in bubble gum... Hell, I was watching this on television at the tender age of 13, and frightened to death!

The Left tore this nation asunder as we hadn't seen since the Great Depression.

Can you imagine if Marilyn Monroe went to Nazi Germany in 1944, posed with some Luftwaffe pilots on their Messerschmitt 109's and said the same things as Jane did?

If she didn't like the war, she should have wrote her congresscritters, protested, whatever BUT ALWAYS SUPPORTED THE MEN FIGHTING.

I'm glad she is still haunted by her treason and sedition.

When I hear she is giving $5 million every year to Wounded Warrior and the USO, I'll start to believe she is authentic in her remorse. Otherwise, GTFO the limelight, STFU and stop reminding us you're still around.

I hope she wakes up screaming every night at the thought of the pain she caused those
imprisoned military people, who spent extra time being tortured all because of her

Protest the war , fine.
Serve the enemy with pictures and radio propaganda and I would call that treason not protest.
I might even go so far as to say, to abuse the soldiers who are serving in the war which you are protesting , could be treason as well.
What I do know , is that the soldier on my bracelet which I wear everyday will not be forgotten.
I wonder what O' Jane would have to say to his family?
Andy

Please forgive my acrimony, but as a Navy man, what she did was unforgivable. Such behavior should result in the death penalty. If any serviceman/woman pulled that, it would have likely resulted in a summary execution (especially if caught by the South Vietnamese Army).

She could be forgiven if she gave all her money to Vets, was sent to A-stan and lived through hell for a year with a Green Beret group (unprotected from them) came home and became homeless herself, and lived on the streets for the rest of her life.

Well. I'd still hate her actually.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top