JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<broken link removed>

Jane Fonda Calls Vietnam Photo a 'Huge Mistake'
by The Insider 1:39 mins
Jane Fonda is calling her infamous Vietnam photo a "huge, huge mistake." The 77-year-old made the statement during an appearance in Maryland on Saturday that drew in swarms of protesters, including 50 military veterans and supporters. The protesters carried copies of the 1972 photo, which shows the Oscar winner sitting atop an anti-aircraft battery, as well as signs that read, "Forgive? Maybe. Forget? Never." "The Newsroom" star, who earned the nickname "Hanoi Jane" as a result of the image, expressed her regret inside The Weinberg Center for the Arts on Saturday. "Whenever possible, I try to sit down with vets and talk with them, because I understand and it makes me sad," she said. "It hurts me and it will to my grave that I made a huge, huge mistake that made a lot of people think I was against the soldiers." Check out the video to hear what Jane has said in the past about the photo and tune in to "The Insider With Yahoo" on TV tonight for the latest in entertainment news.

I remember when Turner was filming a civil war movie and she came out through the crowds to look at all the troops. Story was they all stood up and turned their backs on her. If it wasn't true it should have been.

Most men who fought in Nam were drafted, they had no choice. Her siding with the enemy just rubbed salt in the wound. She seems to have always been thoughtless in her behavior if you judge by what is written about her. Glad I never met her.o_O

I believe the vast majority of liberals are thoughtless when it comes to the consequences of their actions and words. It's all about if they feel good and appear to be actually caring.

In the end, it never accomplishes anything but their own destruction, which wouldn't bother me so much except for the fact that they take so many others along with themselves.

Can you imagine if Marilyn Monroe went to Nazi Germany in 1944, posed with some Luftwaffe pilots on their Messerschmitt 109's and said the same things as Jane did?

If she didn't like the war, she should have wrote her congresscritters, protested, whatever BUT ALWAYS SUPPORTED THE MEN FIGHTING.

I'm glad she is still haunted by her treason and sedition.

When I hear she is giving $5 million every year to Wounded Warrior and the USO, I'll start to believe she is authentic in her remorse. Otherwise, GTFO the limelight, STFU and stop reminding us you're still around.

Saving face before she dies. She want's to be remembered and immortalized as one who did right.....

right..... :confused:

Shes just trying to save face realizing so many people will always hates her and boycott her for being a traitor.

Was funny that she defended "american sniper" from the likes seth rogen and michael moore.

Shes still a pig

Ironic that soldiers give their lives so that people like her have the freedom to be giant douchebags.

Ya in a more perfect world the libs would have to fight for their freedom rather than live off the sacrifice of good people.o_O Maybe next war they can do the fighting and dieing.

After all we know that the 1st Amendment gives you the right to say only what others want you to say - right? I dont like her but the same right that others have to voice their opinion is the same right she has to say what she wants.. I just ignore her.

After all we know that the 1st Amendment gives you the right to say only what others want you to say - right? I dont like her but the same right that others have to voice their opinion is the same right she has to say what she wants.. I just ignore her.

Ya, we were just useing that same right to say how disgusting she is. You dont mind do you?:D

There was absolutely no reason to be in Vietnam , of what vital interest to this country of ours did it serve? Protect lady Bird Johnsons interests? You guys are condemning Hanoi Jane - what about the powers that be that decided that this was a good thing for the US to get involved in? Though I personally don't give a crap for Hanoi Jane, she was young, dumb and privileged. I think the feelings should be directed at other targets, or is it wrong to condemn our leaders for the pain and suffering caused by their actions / decisions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top