JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Check out Norpoint (norpointrange.com) in Arlington. I'm sure Sam's in south Everett has some classes, but the inclination of Norpoint to make women feel more comfortable being there (including the nice lady behind the counter...) makes my wife much more happier there. They partner with Firearms Academy of Seattle, which also has women only classes, which, while my wife and I haven't taken any of their classes yet, are very preferred by women, since there's none of that testoserone thing going on to distract the more timid sex. FAS is based out of Onalaska, and I think Norpoint is the nearest site they offer training. It's a little bit more of a drive for me from Everett, but it's a nicer place with more space everywhere.

Yeah even though I shoot at Norpoint didn't think about training for the wife there. I won't shoot at Sam's or send my wife for training anywhere that the range has a rule such as no more than 1 round fired per second. I guess the other thing I maybe looking for is a recommendation on particular instructor.

You can't avoid that at any indoor range you go to. It keeps out the folks who like to spray fire downrange, harrass other shooters, and pick off other's targets. However, providing you don't do it a lot, an occasional rapid fire usually doesn't raise any red flags. Just be judicious and considerate of others, and you'll be fine. I have emptied my magazine quickly before, but I don't carry a hand cannon, either.

The other alternative is an outdoor range or a gravel pit. Oh, wait, there's none that I know of in the north end of the Seattle area. :(

You can't avoid that at any indoor range you go to. It keeps out the folks who like to spray fire downrange, harrass other shooters, and pick off other's targets. However, providing you don't do it a lot, an occasional rapid fire usually doesn't raise any red flags. Just be judicious and considerate of others, and you'll be fine. I have emptied my magazine quickly before, but I don't carry a hand cannon, either.

The other alternative is an outdoor range or a gravel pit. Oh, wait, there's none that I know of in the north end of the Seattle area. :(

Norpoint took no issue with me doing double tap drills or rapid firing. When I asked if it was an issues I was told as long as you an do it in a safe and responsible manner you can shoot however you want. Which is why even though it's farther away and cost more to shoot there I will continue to shoot at Norpoint over Sam's.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top