Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Hanging practice targets?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by BeyondTheBox, Jan 15, 2012.

1. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox Oregon Member

Any ideas or suggestions on where I should look for a decent priced swinging style gong target?

Need to take .22lr - .45acp, have two or three hangers, collapseable and portable...

Thanks guys.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk

2. Armchair Operator

Armchair Operator Beaverton Active Member

3. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Thought I had a pic of it but I guess I dont. What I use are 3 metal "T" posts and build something that looks like this, WEDGE-LOC® Horizontal Braces ~ T-Post Hardware I dont use these caps/braces, I just use baling wire to hold the cross piece. I then hang my metal plats from the cross bar with baling wire too.

Post are under $10/each and available at any farm supply store. Easy to transport and easy to take down. I use them on my range at home since I have to take them down when we work the field.

4. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox Oregon Member

Yeah, bigdogsteel seems the place to go. Thanks fellas.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk

5. Izzy

Izzy Oakridge Active Member

6. pinecenega

pinecenega oregon coast New Member

high school or CC metal shop

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  7. evltwn

evltwn Gold Hill Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If you have access to a torch, go to the scrap metal yard and find some 5/32 mild steel plate and cut your own. The price for scrap steel is around $.60 per pound. You do not need armor plate if shooting up to 45 acp. Mine do not even dent, just show bullet splatter. Of course, make sure your backstop is adequate. Enjoy.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Smiddy

Smiddy Hillsboro, OR Active Member

:wow: That is SPENDY. Scrap market (what a guy who sells bulk would get, not retail) is closer to .15/lb currently. Prices for new steel coil from guys like Nucor is around .32/lb. I've never bought steel plate retail so I don't know what it goes for so Im surprised how spendy it is.