JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It sounds to me that we're talking about "legally unregistered" guns, and hanging onto them just for the privacy factor?

In my opinion, universal background checks are really about de-facto registration. The left has been after registration for generations, and UBCs are a means to that end. To me personally, a background check is not so terribly objectionable, as compared to universal registration, as registration is a necessary step towards their ultimate goal of universal confiscation.

So to answer the question (for myself only), I'm on the lists. I've had plenty of background checks and am a known gun-owner, doesn't bother me. Having a couple of private "unregistered" guns around doesn't really mean anything to me as any kind of advantage.

To each their own, though. If you value that privacy, that it's nobody else's business what you own, and that makes you feel better about it; if the guns are otherwise legal and you're legal to own them, then all is well. There's no legal requirement to do anything else with them, at least at this time.

That's just my opinion, and I don't claim to be any kind of expert.

There was a time when I was young and poor and all my firearms had been either gifted to me as a kiddo, or were bought used because that's how I could afford them. Now I'm on a bunch of confiscation lists. Wish I had been wiser much younger. THE advantage of those privately purchased firearms, is that they aren't on any confiscation list. That's an enormous value, worth more than gun really -- potentially it is the difference between having firearms and not having them.

EDIT: though once you are on any lists, the value of privacy is diminished because they know you have something.

One of the reasons us older folks do not embrace the technology that has basically corralled us for easy transportation to the FEMA camps.:mad:

I think the why is self explanatory if you fear the eventual banning of firearms and related ammo that the left dreams of. Then we will all be under their thumb.

The think the OP is worried about consequences of the new laws upon the seller. As I understand it, I-594 & 1639 only affects the purchaser (BCG, HIPPA, etc.) unless the seller's name raises some kind of flags when submitting paperwork.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top