JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Will the simple handshake ever be openly discouraged? It's already a "thing " to bump elbows as a temporary stand in , but this hasn't really caught on.

I'm talking about the screeching, "invasion of the body snatchers " point and stare treatment from onlookers.

I still offer my hand in greeting, but I wouldn't be offended if it was dodged.

Discuss

... 9d06755865bdb24764828d27e0f15386.jpg

Last Edited:
I still do it out of habit. When someone shy's away from it I just smile. When this great hoax was just getting going good a buddy I had not seen in a while stopped by to say hi. I had helped him get a better job and he was loving it. When he walked in he started to shoulder bump me, I just laughed and hugged him. He started laughing then too. He was young and in GREAT shape so he had nothing to fear from this anyway. Being as I am old and NOT in great shape maybe he thought I would be scared?

Simple customary gestures conveyed by a selection of fingers or a finger may become more important than humanity ever realized. For example, when people tell me that I'm number one. Happens quite often believe it or not. :)

I see it with my elementary school students and get it ....as they are kids.
But two adults doing the same....it just looks and feels to me at least , ridiculous.
I understand the concerns of germs and such....So if the other adult does not want to shake hands ...then fine...
No handshake.

With that said...I will offer my hand as a greeting , and if it is rebuffed...then it is....I will somehow survive.
Andy

I see it with my elementary school students and get it ....as they are kids.
But two adults doing the same....it just looks and feels to me at least , ridiculous.
I understand the concerns of germs and such....So if the other adult does not want to shake hands ...then fine...
No handshake.

With that said...I will offer my hand as a greeting , and if it is rebuffed...then it is....I will somehow survive.
Andy

Loosing the handshake was something that really bothered me a year ago. I don't generally have a lot of opportunities to shake hands in daily life, but it sure seemed to leave a hole when it went away. With this crap going on I've barely had any contact with people I'd shake hands with anyway so I've got used to it, I guess. And fist bumping, shoulder bumping, elbow bumping, et-al just pisses me off when I see it. Like man buns, skinny jeans, and penny loafers with coins and no socks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top