JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If your eyes and hands work the same either standing or sitting, consider how many hours you'll spend working at the bench, and read any number of articles like this...

Sitting too long can kill you, even if you exercise, study says - CNN

I switched to a standing desk for my last 5 years at work, and it took a week and a half for my feet to adjust. Now my computer at home is up at standing elbow height too. If it doesn't aggravate any medical condition(s), they say standing is just better for you.

Last Edited:
Seems to be a recurring theme; most of us here seem to have back problems.
I'd say that is good reason to maintain a gun culture since loading, fiddling, smithing and shooting are all things those with bad backs can do to stay active.;)

As someone who has done a lot of sitting and coming from a background in Architectural design here is my thoughts: If you spend hours on end doing something in a stationary position your bench, workspace, drafting-table or whatever it is should be at your comfortable standing height, then get an adjustable stool or drafting chair and adjust it to your proper height while sitting then alternate between sitting and standing.

Just load how you pee, problem solved ;)

just don't try to combine the two or you could end up with a negligent dis...never mind. o_O

s someone who has done a lot of sitting and coming from a background in Architectural design here is my thoughts: If you spend hours on end doing something in a stationary position your bench, workspace, drafting-table or whatever it is should be at your comfortable standing height, then get an adjustable stool or drafting chair and adjust it to your proper height while sitting then alternate between sitting and standing.

That would be ideal, a bench you could stand at, and sit using a taller bar stool type seat.

Sitting on a stool when running the presses. Single stage, I double check powder charges before I sit. Dillon, I can see in the case from the stool just fine. That is why I don't have one of those fancy risers. I do have the Inline Fab Ergo roller handles on all of my presses though. One of the best investments I have made for reloading.

I do stand for powder charging/case prep generally though.

Sitting on a stool when running the presses. Single stage, I double check powder charges before I sit. Dillon, I can see in the case from the stool just fine. That is why I don't have one of those fancy risers. I do have the Inline Fab Ergo roller handles on all of my presses though. One of the best investments I have made for reloading.

I do stand for powder charging/case prep generally though.
I use a dentist type mirrior to verify powder charges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top