JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Same handle I use on Ifish. Came about because I was electrocuted and nearly died when I was 12. The odd thing is that I have been a (very careful) mechanical electrician for 40 years. Go figure.
I also have a fondness for Berkley Lightning rods for trout.

Dang, good job overcoming those fears.

Also, good luck. Just in case someone was trying to tell you something at 12.

Sgt Nambu, your name is cool. I always pictured that same Nambu pistol we see at all the gunshows, though I had no idea that's what it was until 5 minutes ago. I dig quirky vintage toys made of metal and wood, but that's not a pistol I want to acquire and use as a shooter, eh? Perhaps a Luger...

My handle is a throwaway. I used to buy/sell/trade guitars, amps, vehicles, kayaks on craigslist, and look for bands/bandmates. I didn't want my primary comcast account getting pelted with spam, special offers and those "charismatically challenged" musicians that you will never see twice in any band anywhere - ever! And now bots, too. I also used to travel and log on in other countries. So teflon, which nothing sticks to (plus my zipcode), was made with every intention of being abandoned if needed - over 10 years ago.

Sgt Nambu, your name is cool. I always pictured that same Nambu pistol we see at all the gunshows, though I had no idea that's what it was until 5 minutes ago. I dig quirky vintage toys made of metal and wood, but that's not a pistol I want to acquire and use as a shooter, eh? Perhaps a Luger...

My handle is a throwaway. I used to buy/sell/trade guitars, amps, vehicles, kayaks on craigslist, and look for bands/bandmates. I didn't want my primary comcast account getting pelted with spam, special offers and those "charismatically challenged" musicians that you will never see twice in any band anywhere - ever! And now bots, too. I also used to travel and log on in other countries. So teflon, which nothing sticks to (plus my zipcode), was made with every intention of being abandoned if needed - over 10 years ago.

HaHa! Thanks teflon, I'm guessing that the Nambus that you have seen at the gun shows are other models that actually functioned fine. They were simply, ridiculously underpowered for a military handgun! The Japanese felt that an officers proper weapon was the sword but since other militarys used pistols or revolvers they issued them too. The really terrible one, the type 94 is extremely rare! I'm an old guy and I have only seen two of them, one in a museum and one at a gun show. Google Nambu type 94 and go to images. I'll bet you can pick it out without reading the text!

HaHa! Thanks teflon, I'm guessing that the Nambus that you have seen at the gun shows are other models that actually functioned fine. They were simply, ridiculously underpowered for a military handgun! The Japanese felt that an officers proper weapon was the sword but since other militarys used pistols or revolvers they issued them too. The really terrible one, the type 94 is extremely rare! I'm an old guy and I have only seen two of them, one in a museum and one at a gun show. Google Nambu type 94 and go to images. I'll bet you can pick it out without reading the text!

I had a landlord once that went ashore on a little island in the Solomans way back on August 7th, 1942. He talked of Nambu's but not of pistols but of those top fed machine guns, I guess they captured and used a fair number of them.

One of the nicest guys you'd ever met too, he had a few bring backs but nothing that when bang. I've been a student of the Cactus operation every since I met the guy.

When I was a kid, my best friend and I had old west nicknames that we gave ourselves and mine was square butte sam. I moved to Eastern Oregon and live in the sagebrush now.... so ....it was just natural to change it to sagebrush sam.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top