JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks, this is an admittedly goofy idea, but I often notice that our handles are hilarious and I wonder about the meaning of some of them. How about letting your fellows in on the joke or meaning of those oddball names!

I'll start, though mine is more of a small inside joke. Col. Nambu was an officer in the Japanese Imperial Army in the years preceding WW2. He designed a lot of weapons, including some excellent machine guns (crew served) and some of, very probably, the worst pistols of all time. One was so bad that if you squeezed the receiver it would discharge! Now, my late best friend, Mark and I sat around many a campfire or in front of a lot football games discussing what modifications and accessories it would take to make one into a suitable oyster gun! Silly indeed! Other part, I was an NCO in the Army.

So come on, don't keep your handle fans in the dark anymore!

First vehicle I ever owned was a Diesel Scout!

I still have it, but the diesel ate a piston a few years ago and I dropped in a rebuilt, warmed up 392 instead. Doubled my horsepower and torque and I hope to get half the mileage of the diesel. I do miss the diesel. About 20 MPG around town on the highway. Offroad I could get 25 MPG, so with a 33 gallon tank I had a 750 mile range. Toss in 10 extra gallons of diesel and I am over a 1000. All mechanically controlled, no computers, ultimate bug out rig.....<-- See how much I miss it, I could wax on for hours.

Hey folks, this is an admittedly goofy idea, but I often notice that our handles are hilarious and I wonder about the meaning of some of them. How about letting your fellows in on the joke or meaning of those oddball names!

I'll start, though mine is more of a small inside joke. Col. Nambu was an officer in the Japanese Imperial Army in the years preceding WW2. He designed a lot of weapons, including some excellent machine guns (crew served) and some of, very probably, the worst pistols of all time. One was so bad that if you squeezed the receiver it would discharge! Now, my late best friend, Mark and I sat around many a campfire or in front of a lot football games discussing what modifications and accessories it would take to make one into a suitable oyster gun! Silly indeed! Other part, I was an NCO in the Army.

So come on, don't keep your handle fans in the dark anymore!

I needed a handle to join a group on yahoogroups a long time ago. I used my dog's name, but it was already in use. I kept trying derivations of her name until I found one that worked. Her name is Do-Loop.

When I was young, I could not keep my foot from smashing the throttle everywhere I went. I used to streetrace also, and even won a few bucks. The speed limit to me was a lower limit, not an upper one. So my friends gave me that nickname.

When I started racing for real on a track, most of my aggression on the street disappeared. It's been a few years now, but I still tend to drive more over the limit than under. But it's been decades since I've gotten pulled over, and even longer since I've had an accident. Having a family does tend to calm you down too.

Anyway, that's my story.

Over the years I have acquired many different items of outdoor clothing in many different camo and woodland patterns. None of them match. Other than hopefully being harder to see in the woods I'm sure I look quite ridiculous. Long story made short, I took up clam digging about 10 years ago and all my waders and raincoats are camoflage pattern. Total mall ninja look going on.....my friends laughed and called me " Rambo "......it didn't take long to morph into " Clambo ". Dumb, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

When I started spending time on internet forums, I was living in Japan. I'm a former member of the USMC and Oregon National Guard, as well as Parole & Probation Officer, with a deep interest in Japan's Samurai culture. "Gaijin" means "foreigner" in Japanese. My wife is Japanese and we have two half-Japanese/half-American kids.

Ever since I was a kid I've been a big fan of professional wrestling. (Sports-Entertainment they call it now).

Back in 1996 just about the greatest 'heel' faction ever devised came about.

'Hollywood Hulk Hogan', 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash, and 'Big' Scott Hall.

They became the New World Order of Wrestling, and wrought havoc in WCW, and WWE up until 2002.

nWo.

NWologo.jpg

I was living in the south and adopted a great, papered German Shepard puppy. I knew I was moving to the NW that year and I thought it would be fun to freak out the neighbors by yelling out the door at night 'Bigfoot, Biiiiiigfoooot, come here boy, come on'

I used his name out of respect like I often do former friends. He got out of the yard weeks before the move and I found him beside the freeway on the opposite side, looked like he crossed over the freeway bridge but took the wrong route coming home. He always was a wanderer, loved everybody and probably got lonely while I was at work.

RIP buddy. Sorry I left ya behind.

Course sometimes it goes the other way around. When I got a female dog (rottie mix) I named her after an ex girlfriend named Sara. Why? You know why....they were both b-----s.

I was living in the south and adopted a great, papered German Shepard puppy. I knew I was moving to the NW that year and I thought it would be fun to freak out the neighbors by yelling out the door at night 'Bigfoot, Biiiiiigfoooot, come here boy, come on'

I used his name out of respect like I often do former friends. He got out of the yard weeks before the move and I found him beside the freeway on the opposite side, looked like he crossed over the freeway bridge but took the wrong route coming home. He always was a wanderer, loved everybody and probably got lonely while I was at work.

RIP buddy. Sorry I left ya behind.

Course sometimes it goes the other way around. When I got a female dog (rottie mix) I named her after an ex girlfriend named Sara. Why? You know why....they were both b-----s.

Sorry about Bigfoot man. I named my first Rottweiler, Tonya, after Tonya Harding! Much the same reason, my Tonya had some attitude too!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top