JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In yet another brilliant and remarkably wasteful move, there is a movement in this country to update the old handicap sign with a new one. Why?? Because the new one gives a better sense of 'ability' than disability.

Really? A sign? If you wonder why I get so fed up with government, particularly on the left, this type of wasteful B.S. is a big part of it. How many thousands, even millions of dollars are being used to push this new logo change? In fact, if you read the article, some in the UK are identifying this as nothing more than "American Political Correctness" - their words, not mine.

Is this really needed? Have handicapped persons been complaining that the old sign makes them feel less able to do things they may or may not be able to do?

I'm sorry, but when 'feelings' are the core of your motivation, it just never seems to work out well.

And, I wonder, how many starving families, disabled veterans or homeless people could be helped with all the money being wasted on this? This is involving local, state, federal and international agencies. How many damn people are being paid to deal with this??

We are doomed if this stuff continues.

Read for yourself:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/peppier-handicapped-symbol-gets-support-but-problems-remain/

Old symbol - makes people feel unable to do anything:

AAfwfsp.img?h=400&w=285&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f.jpg

New symbol - "Hell yeah, I'm a superstar!":

AAfwspJ.img?h=517&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=1308&y=870.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting table here: <broken link removed>

Executive about the same for over 50 years.
Military half of what it was.
Judicial/Legislative double.

Somewhere in that current 4,185,000 federal employees is one who just justified his further consumption of oxygen with a bunch of touchy/feely handicap sign BS.

The good news is I hear that Liberal Antis will now have a place to park...........wait for it........wait for it.....ok now you got it, ya know I worry about you sometimes.

Its makes sense if you think about it, Liberal Antis are becoming more and more mentally ill I suppose eventually they wont be able to read so these signs will be helpful for the mentally ill to park. Its true the law does not keep the mentally from driving just take a look on the freeway on a Friday afternoon enough said.

bubblegum, why stop there, make half a male and half a female and put a questionmark on it for those that dont want to be defined.. Because not all handicap people are male ya know.

I rarely see completely disable folks using those spots. More often its some white trash earth pig or a massively obese sista squeezing out of the obama exkulaid. Way too many folks with the 'disabled' tag on the RVM IMO

One more of my pet peeves :)
Doctor, then why do you request issue of those placards to people who have had heart attacks or strokes, have COPD, have circulatory issues that makes it difficult to walk, or have other disorders that show no outward sign that they have a disability?

Oh wait, if you were a real doctor, you wouldn't have made such an asinine statement. I hope you and your loved ones enjoy good health and never experience difficult diseases and disorders. But if something happens, just remember your remarks here.

Relax, have another coffee. No one said anything about you, but if you think past the emotional part, I'm pretty sure you know who I'm talking about.

I must be warped. When I first saw this new crippled logo, I immediately thought it could have been the diagram on the instruction sheet on the toilet paper package.

And for the record...I have one of these crippled stickers for my car. I would be one that somebody might look at as abusing the parking permit. My knees are gone. One is prosthetic. They both hurt like hell. I don't automatically look for a crippled spot, but if I have a choice of walking two hundred yards, or parking close, when my knees are really screaming at me, I'll pick close. And at the same time, I'll also be judging the person parking in the crippled spot across from me, figuring they are abusing the permit.:s0133:

WAYNO.

4309ba5d-0a2b-44ea-8854-545b29a88547_zps8czbpllq.jpg

Last Edited:
I must be warped. When I first saw this new crippled logo, I immediately thought it could have been the diagram on the instruction sheet on the toilet paper package.

And for the record...I have one of these crippled stickers for my car. I would be one that somebody might look at as abusing the parking permit. My knees are gone. One is prosthetic. They both hurt like hell. I don't automatically look for a crippled spot, but if I have a choice of walking two hundred yards, or parking close, when my knees are really screaming at me, I'll pick close. And at the same time, I'll also be judging the person parking in the crippled spot across from me, figuring they are abusing the permit.:s0133:

WAYNO.

I see. Lean forward and wipe in a circular motion, for maximum cleanliness.

Thing that baffles me - handicap parking spaces for commercial trucks at truck stops. If you need a handicap f'ing space and a placard for your semi - find a new job. How a handicap person can pass a dot physical is beyond me - you can't have unregulated sleep apnea, you can't be on injected insulin, theres max bp rates, and you are supposed to have all your digits etc... so how can you be a gimp or have a disabling affliction and still drive a semi?

Its bad enough the newer crop of cdl trainees can't back a truck or maneuver tight spaces for beans but jebus - political correctness hath gone too far. Its one thing for a disablec person to be self mobile in a passenger vehicle - but an 80,000 lb semi is s different story. Maybe thats why Freightliners self driving truck ain't such a terrible idea. Might put me out of a job someday but maybe its needed.

How many millions will be wasted on replacing handicap signs over this bs too?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top