JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright, so, I attempted to do an FFL transfer tonight and encountered, for the first time, a dealer who insisted on printing my fingers for me and I thought this was quite weird. He got next to me, took hold of my entire hand, insisting it was law to do it this way and guided through the motions... I have been at this a long time now and have never worked with a dealer who didn't just hand me the ink and have have me do my own prints. When I asked them if they could reference a law code stating these regulations, they were unable to do so, gave me attitude and spoke to me like I'm an idiot for questioning them. When I told the lady that I try to stay educated on this sort of thing, her response was "Well, now you've been educated," with quite a bit of snark and tried telling me her word was the word of the ATF. Am I missing something? Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't find anything specifying the dealer must print your fingers for you while holding on to your hand. I'd appreciate it if someone could help shed some light on this.

To top it off, I didn't even get to take my pistols home yet... They bubblegummed around for long enough that they were closing and we were still waiting on my background check to clear, so they kicked me out and told me I had to come back another day. This was all after a call to the store earlier in the day, where they confirmed my arrival time would be sufficient, yet they decided they didn't want to stick around to finish the transaction. They also failed to give back my drivers license(partially my fault for not noticing until after the fact)... Hands down, some of the worst customer service I have experienced and I still have to make another trip there to pick up my firearms... Terrible!! :s0054:

Human contact? Don't knock it. I bought a Garmin Nuvi just so someone would talk to me and keep me from getting lonely when I drive around.

Alright, so, I attempted to do an FFL transfer tonight and encountered, for the first time, a dealer who insisted on printing my fingers for me and I thought this was quite weird. He got next to me, took hold of my entire hand, insisting it was law to do it this way and guided through the motions... I have been at this a long time now and have never worked with a dealer who didn't just hand me the ink and have have me do my own prints. When I asked them if they could reference a law code stating these regulations, they were unable to do so, gave me attitude and spoke to me like I'm an idiot for questioning them. When I told the lady that I try to stay educated on this sort of thing, her response was "Well, now you've been educated," with quite a bit of snark and tried telling me her word was the word of the ATF. Am I missing something? Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't find anything specifying the dealer must print your fingers for you while holding on to your hand. I'd appreciate it if someone could help shed some light on this.

To top it off, I didn't even get to take my pistols home yet... They bubblegummed around for long enough that they were closing and we were still waiting on my background check to clear, so they kicked me out and told me I had to come back another day. This was all after a call to the store earlier in the day, where they confirmed my arrival time would be sufficient, yet they decided they didn't want to stick around to finish the transaction. They also failed to give back my drivers license(partially my fault for not noticing until after the fact)... Hands down, some of the worst customer service I have experienced and I still have to make another trip there to pick up my firearms... Terrible!! :s0054:

You should have told her that the latest BATFE regulation now requires a "hand rolled" print of your erect wiener.... ;)

Tigard Pawn for More used to do thr hand holding every once in a while. No biggie, there shop there rules. Price was rite though, so there's that.
Funny you mention them, that is where I was.

What shop?
I was at Tigard Pawn 4 More

I wouldn't have thought too much in to it, if it weren't for the fact that they were so insistent on it being law and I had never heard anything of this.

At least he didn't print you using the 'ghost' method. ghost-patrick-swayze-pottery-scene.jpg

You should have told her that the latest BATFE regulation now requires a "hand rolled" print of your erect wiener.... ;)
Shoulda' coughed into your hands and mentioned how crappy it is sometimes living with tuberculosis.:rolleyes:

Hahaha! The things I wish would have been said...! I was trying real hard to hold back the harsh comments until after I take possession of my firearms. Lol

That'd be weird to have someone hold your hand while printing you. Maybe shes just experienced a bunch of crappy thumb prints from customers who dont know how to do a proper print so shes resorted to helping everyone whether they need it or not. Next time you go in research some serious contagious skin condition or virus and mention your on strict orders from the doc of no skin to skin contact with other people. Or just roll with it and act like her touching you is the best thing that's happened all week. Weird her out enough she wont touch another customer again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top