JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So get this. Just got the call for the proceed on a handgun I bought about a week and a half ago, still nothing on the one from 21 days ago. Riddle me that
Sadly these are done by people sitting at a desk. They have to ask questions of other people sitting at a desk. All these people work for the local and Federal Government. If you have ever had to do much dealing with Gov employee's imagine a bunch of them are handling this. It's amazing any guns sales still happen :mad::mad:

Sadly these are done by people sitting at a desk. They have to ask questions of other people sitting at a desk. All these people work for the local and Federal Government. If you have ever had to do much dealing with Gov employee's imagine a bunch of them are handling this. It's amazing any guns sales still happen :mad::mad:
Yeah this system definitely runs about as smooth as your average DMV.

Great. Did not see this before I responded earlier. At this point I would be looking for a new shop to deal with. This is just insane.
It's not the shop, its south sound 911. The shop is great, originally they said I could have it after 10 days but since the the check came back as a "hold" they couldn't let me take it. When I had to refile after 30 days they said I could get a refund if I didn't want to keep waiting.

South sound 911 is who is handling the background checks for tacoma and most if not all of pierce county. They're also who we have to get our carry permits through.
Are they the police or sheriff department or are the just some thing sourced out .
Geeks at a computer.
I guess what I'm trying to say is ARE THE LAW ENFORCEMENT.
LOCAL STATE OR FEDERAL

Mmmmm never heard of it.
I lived I Tacoma for 17 years .
But that was a while ago.
Been up north for 12 years now.
In Skagit.
My handgun background check goes through ANACORTES P.D.

Mmmmm never heard of it.
In Skagit.
Right seems like everywhere else local pd or sherriff does, but us lucky tacomans get the south sound sheet show

Mmmmm never heard of it.
In Skagit.
Feds stepped in a while ago said among other things they wanted the radio frequencies that were allocated to Public Safety back to use for something else. So Public Safety had to go to a new system. Law was requiring them to all be able to easily talk to each other. It was such a huge cash cow the press did a pretty good job of keeping it out of the news. Fed's kicked a LOT of money into it so Pierce Co could afford it. It of course was a huge cash cow for the contractors who set it all up, built the new towers, supplied the new equipment and such. Part of it was combining the old LESA system into what became South Sound 911. Now all the Police Agencies can easily talk to each other which does come in handy. They try real hard to not tell people what this cost. One was the new radio's. The cost of each radio is to the point you can buy a nice used car for what one radio cost now. Imagine that times every patrol car and every hand held every LEO has. Bottom line of course is the part of it that does our BGC's still have to reach out to other agencies for the info they need. This is done by people who are Gov workers and some are great, some could care less since they get paid no matter how they perform. Makes for a huge damn mess and a real crap shoot when we go to buy a gun. Lots of fun:mad:

Feds stepped in a while ago said among other things they wanted the radio frequencies that were allocated to Public Safety back to use for something else. So Public Safety had to go to a new system. Law was requiring them to all be able to easily talk to each other. It was such a huge cash cow the press did a pretty good job of keeping it out of the news. Fed's kicked a LOT of money into it so Pierce Co could afford it. It of course was a huge cash cow for the contractors who set it all up, built the new towers, supplied the new equipment and such. Part of it was combining the old LESA system into what became South Sound 911. Now all the Police Agencies can easily talk to each other which does come in handy. They try real hard to not tell people what this cost. One was the new radio's. The cost of each radio is to the point you can buy a nice used car for what one radio cost now. Imagine that times every patrol car and every hand held every LEO has. Bottom line of course is the part of it that does our BGC's still have to reach out to other agencies for the info they need. This is done by people who are Gov workers and some are great, some could care less since they get paid no matter how they perform. Makes for a huge damn mess and a real crap shoot when we go to buy a gun. Lots of fun:mad:
Kinda figured it was something Like that.
Now Tacoma pass the tax B.S.
I think it would be worth it to drive out town..
Lol Even though they got all this B.S.
You still have gang shooting almost every day.
And a guy running around shooting gas station clerks.
We have a undercover gang problem up here in MT Vernon and Burlington.
That is making news .
Today
But it's been here for awhile.
Tribal and Mexican gangs .now

I'm not too familiar with all of the in and outs if I'm going to be honest, but we're talking about the time between submission and go-no-go right?

I was cleared yesterday in a matter of 15 minutes. Washington County.

I'm not too familiar with all of the in and outs if I'm going to be honest, but we're talking about the time between submission and go-no-go right?

I was cleared yesterday in a matter of 15 minutes. Washington County.
Up until recently WA had the same kind of set up. If you had a CPL (permit) they would get online and normally in a short matter you were walking out with your new gun. Well that is all long gone now. We no longer have the insta check option due to the people in the state legislature dragging their feet and refusing to do what needed to be done.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top