JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I purchased a semi automatic assault handgun on 10/5/19 still waiting :confused: I also have a CPL.
Sadly our CPL's mean nothing anymore when it comes to buying. Just have to wait for the people in your CLEO's office to do the checks and send the proceed to the shop. Last one we bought the shop just handed it over after the required wait time since they know us. Who knows when the CLEO's office here finally got around to giving them the proceed.

20 days the gun store could have gave you the gun after 10 days .
Find a new gun store .
What this points out is unless you "know for sure" how your shop handles this, ask first. Sadly with stuff like this many gun owners pay no attention, have no idea this happened. They will only find out when they go to buy. Then often they will of course get mad at everyone else. So buying? If you want to know for sure, ask the owner or manager there "so if it takes more than the required 10 Bus. days will you let me have my gun?" Some shops will, some will not. Easier to ask before money changes hands. My CLEO is the Pierce CO. Sheriff. Only reason I got my last gun is the people who own the shop know us.

What this points out is unless you "know for sure" how your shop handles this, ask first. Sadly with stuff like this many gun owners pay no attention, have no idea this happened. They will only find out when they go to buy. Then often they will of course get mad at everyone else. So buying? If you want to know for sure, ask the owner or manager there "so if it takes more than the required 10 Bus. days will you let me have my gun?" Some shops will, some will not. Easier to ask before money changes hands. My CLEO is the Pierce CO. Sheriff. Only reason I got my last gun is the people who own the shop know us.
Oh I know I did it before .
Waiting 30 days for a shotgun.
Before I cancelled it and went to another shop.
Had gun in hand 5 days later

Oh I know I did it before .
Waiting 30 days for a shotgun.
Before I cancelled it and went to another shop.
Had gun in hand 5 days later
A shop employee told me they can still do the instant checks on pump or lever action stuff as well as lower receivers. Were you getting a semi auto shotgun?

A shop employee told me they can still do the instant checks on pump or lever action stuff as well as lower receivers. Were you getting a semi auto shotgun?
Yes but this was years ago.
At a big box store .
They told me they will not release the gun to me until they get a proceed from the ATF.
Lol I told them that could take 6 years cancel my order.

And that store is no longer in business
Gee, wonder why :s0140:
Seriously though stuff like this can help "weed out" the places that are not customer friendly. Of course some don't have a lot of choice, may live where there is only one shop near them. If this was me and this was the case? I would not mind making a trip out of the buying, after all it's not like I buy another gun every week or even every month. The Mom & Pop place we use here we only stumbled onto after Wife had a bad experience with a large shop here. Was trying to buy a gun that was very hard to find. After Wife got her money back from place that flat out lied to her I started looking around and found this place who were new. Prices are slightly higher most times but, they have been so good to us I don't mind a few extra bucks going to them. If they were ever to shut down I would I am sure drive down to the border to deal with Sporting Systems. If some shop does not want to treat customers well? Then they can go away, no loss. It's why places like this are great too. People can share their experiences both good and bad. Help others make choices.

Fyi, I've been using Norpoint in Arlington for my online orders the last two years and they have been great.

Last week, I bought two semiauto pistols for the first time since the passing of 1639. I was told that they would not release the pistols until they got a proceed, even if it takes longer than 10 days. I live in King county, so we will see how long it takes. The 25th will be the 10th day.

Well, it started out being right about 2 1/2 weeks wait time (~12 - 14 business days), here in Clark County.

My latest .22 revolver purchase is now almost 4 1/2 weeks (22 business days). :mad:

I wasn't sure I'd ever buy another pistol in this state again, but I said screw it and bought a G43x on 10/8. I got the call today. 15 days in Spokane county. What a bunch of BS. I'd have canceled if it went much longer. Some of you guys waiting over a month have my sympathy.

Fyi, I've been using Norpoint in Arlington for my online orders the last two years and they have been great.

Last week, I bought two semiauto pistols for the first time since the passing of 1639. I was told that they would not release the pistols until they got a proceed, even if it takes longer than 10 days. I live in King county, so we will see how long it takes. The 25th will be the 10th day.

I got the call today, 7 business days. I was worried after reading other accounts of King county residents waiting weeks! (I live in Seattle).

Had to make an appointment for tomorrow, as Norpoint is currently shut down.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top