JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My opinion is similar to yours but as I get older I realize my opinion doesn't matter to anyone else except maybe a family member who wants something. I could never understand why someone who has dozens of firearms even has a waiting period. Does each one make you a little more dangerous?

I think it's impossible anymore to separate the laws that someone wrote in a good faith from those designed just to make gun ownership more painful for us. I just oppose them all on principle.

Waiting periods were originally sold as a way for someone who got angry and went out to buy a gun to shoot someone right now a chance to cool down. Intellectually dubious, but if true, they should never have applied after the first gun, because no one who owns a gun needs to run out to buy one if they wanted to shoot someone. So was it a misguided, but good faith, attempt to help, or a lie meant only to burden us from the start? Does it even matter?

My last was 3 days.
You must get VIP treatment when they run you :D I am sure it's got a lot to do with how busy they are and which CLEO they have to use. This one for us will be the Sheriffs Dept now since we are not in the city any more. Feel bad for people who do not have anything, and go out to get protection, only to be told, "we will get back to you when you can take the gun home" :mad:

Mental note taken. May be worth the time. Hehe.
Next trip to county, 2 dozen Krispy Kremes, in fresh mixed variety.
Open box in front of big dog first, first dibs.
Next trip, double up on his selection, ;)
:D

Dang! I'm on day 23 or 16 business days. What shop did you get yours at?
Sadly it's nothing to do with the dealer. Its the CLEO you happen to have to deal with. How many employee's they have at the office where the paper work is done, how many BGC's they are doing that week or day, things like that. It's often going to be very luck of the draw. If the CLEO you have to use has say 3 employee's who do this and one week 1 is on vacation and 2 call in sick? Well guess who's paper work is sitting going nowhere. Just a sad reality of how it's going to be unless or until the State ever sets up a unit to deal with this and we can go back to the insta check.

Sadly it's nothing to do with the dealer. Its the CLEO you happen to have to deal with. How many employee's they have at the office where the paper work is done, how many BGC's they are doing that week or day, things like that. It's often going to be very luck of the draw. If the CLEO you have to use has say 3 employee's who do this and one week 1 is on vacation and 2 call in sick? Well guess who's paper work is sitting going nowhere. Just a sad reality of how it's going to be unless or until the State ever sets up a unit to deal with this and we can go back to the insta check.

it has to do with the dealer in that RCW requires that they complete the transfer at the end of the waiting unless they have received a hold from law enforcement. The fact that none of the FFLs appear to be following this law doesn't change the fact that it's on the books.

The buyer can complain to the DoL; it remains to be seen what, if anything, the DoL will do about it.

Well, given that both @Spokane2303 and I are both under the auspices of Clark County I wonder if a certain dealer who is filing a lot of Anti 1639 lawsuits is getting special treatment.
I speculate because when I went in on day 10, all hopeful and expectant and there was a guy finally getting his pistols on something like day 29 and now here I am on day 23 or 24 waiting for the same office that cleared @Spokane2303 who purchased at a different store, in 8 days to clear me.
Sportsman's Warehouse, Vancouver
Go and enjoy shooting your gun!

Well, given that both @Spokane2303 and I are both under the auspices of Clark County I wonder if a certain dealer who is filing a lot of Anti 1639 lawsuits is getting special treatment.
I speculate because when I went in on day 10, all hopeful and expectant and there was a guy finally getting his pistols on something like day 29 and now here I am on day 23 or 24 waiting for the same office that cleared @Spokane2303 who purchased at a different store, in 8 days to clear me.

Go and enjoy shooting your gun!

Well I had not thought of that but being as we are dealing with humans, certainly VERY possible. I remember all through that last great .22 ammo shortage I often said there was no doubt a LOT of the ammo was going to those who had "pull". Since some top LEO is in charge of this now I could easily see some being granted far better service. If the CLEO likes some shop owner it would certainly be tempting to give that shop owner the front of the line service. After all soon word would get out that deals happen faster and easier with that dealer, so of course they would get more business. Does kind of suck but I could sure see it happening in some places. :confused: May well be happening there.

20 Business days
SS sent 3rd notification to sheriffs dept
I think I will send them a Costco pack of toilet paper so they can wipe their heinies with something other than my background checks.:mad:

20 Business days
SS sent 3rd notification to sheriffs dept
I think I will send them a Costco pack of toilet paper so they can wipe their heinies with something other than my background checks.:mad:
Sadly this is what we will have to deal with for the foreseeable. If, and that is a big if, we can get a LOT more gun owners to start to vote? Then we could put pressure on the state to come up with a system like say OR does. Where it would again be like it was for hand guns if you have a CPL. As of now few politicians are going to care enough to even try. Hope it changes, we shall see.

Well, at least my CCW (from WA) didn't require these sort of efforts to get one.

But then, he was actually denied his CCW.

Aloha, Mark

PS....remember that the NAZIs actually used a needs based system to get a permit too. Guess who got the permits?

Well, at least my CCW (from WA) didn't require these sort of efforts to get one.

But then, he was actually denied his CCW.

Aloha, Mark

PS....remember that the NAZIs actually used a needs based system to get a permit too. Guess who got the permits?
I fear that the ease of getting a CCW here may be changing soon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top