JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, on a (fairly) positive note, I've bought firearms in Kitsap County on a Tuesday or Wednesday, and received the call that I've got a "proceed" on a Friday.

Since 1639, I've purchased several guns in Kitsap, and never had to wait more than 7 days … 3 to 5 business days seems to be the average. Just picked up a pistol last week. 6 days from putting cash down to getting the call. KCSO, you guys rock.

Started the paperwork on my Stribog 2/27.
Got the call today and picked it up today.

Clark County

Last Edited:
Starting to sound like maybe some of the CLEO's are getting better at it. When this fiasco first kicked in it was common to see weeks as something that was happening often. Of course the real "tell" will be if they manage to start another panic on sales again. Last one I bought was not long after it got bad. Since the FFL knows us real well they let the pistol walk after the 10 Buis. days even though they still had not gotten the proceed from our CLEO. Don't know how long it took to actually get the OK.

Things go a little quicker if you have a concealed carry license for some reason.
Until this mess we had no wait with one. That was one of the big selling points of the permit. For many years I used to tell people asking about buying a hand gun to just get the permit first. Even if they did not want to carry they would have it if they ever wanted to and they could pay and walk out. Well that is history now. When this hit many with a CPL found they were still sitting for weeks or a month waiting. Basically what the state is doing now is the same exact checks they do when you apply or re-apply for your CPL here. That is where the damn drag came from. They are doing the same checks from multiple agencies for each sale now. Sounds like at least some of the CLEO's have either hired more staff or have better trained the staff in how to deal with the hoops they have to jump through. Still stupid we have to do this when we have a permit and pass the Federal check but, the voters keep doing this to themselves so have to learn to live with it for now.

Starting to sound like maybe some of the CLEO's are getting better at it. When this fiasco first kicked in it was common to see weeks as something that was happening often. Of course the real "tell" will be if they manage to start another panic on sales again. Last one I bought was not long after it got bad. Since the FFL knows us real well they let the pistol walk after the 10 Buis. days even though they still had not gotten the proceed from our CLEO. Don't know how long it took to actually get the OK.
My first purchase post 7/1/19 took 35 days to clear. Store wouldn't release after 10 at the time. The shop sent my paperwork 3 or 4 times.. The one I bought there next took the full 10. As they were one of the leading litigants in the anti-1639 case I speculate they wanted to walk the straight and narrow
Things go a little quicker if you have a concealed carry license for some reason.

I wish. I've had 9 day waits like today, but mostly it's taken all 10 days

My first purchase post 7/1/19 took 35 days to clear. Store wouldn't release after 10 at the time. The shop sent my paperwork 3 or 4 times.. The one I bought there next took the full 10. As they were one of the leading litigants in the anti-1639 case I speculate they wanted to walk the straight and narrow

I wish. I've had 9 day waits like today, but mostly it's taken all 10 days
Sadly this was the norm I was hearing when the Feds told the state they were done waiting for them. I have to hope they are getting better now. We are looking at a couple new hand guns so we shall probably soon get to find out for ourselves if the CLEO we have has improved at all.

12 days in Clark county....10 days my bubblegum...this is not counting the weekends. Total BS if you ask me especially if you have a CCP WTF!

Yes it is a bunch of garbage but, so far the voters do not show the law makers they care enough to make them want to do anything. We have an election coming up. Try to get every gun owner and freedom lover you know to vote well. If the people in the state congress see the voters getting mad they WILL change. Even law makers who do not like freedom and do not like people owning guns will almost all vote for both IF, they think it means losing that job by not doing so. There is no reason this state could not have the same system our neighbors south of us have. The only reason we do not have it is law makers do not care, yet. Make them feel like they will lose their job if they do not set one up and it will happen.

Yes it is a bunch of garbage but, so far the voters do not show the law makers they care enough to make them want to do anything. We have an election coming up. Try to get every gun owner and freedom lover you know to vote well. If the people in the state congress see the voters getting mad they WILL change. Even law makers who do not like freedom and do not like people owning guns will almost all vote for both IF, they think it means losing that job by not doing so. There is no reason this state could not have the same system our neighbors south of us have. The only reason we do not have it is law makers do not care, yet. Make them feel like they will lose their job if they do not set one up and it will happen.
What was the last significant piece of gun regulation that was passed legislatively and signed by the gov?

594 & 1639 were passed on the ballot. By your friends and neighbors, etc. Not some groveling politicians.

Looking at the numbers, there are enough of us out there to stop those from having passed.

Its not every person in the state vs a handful of woke shooters.

We lost 1639 by the EXACT SAME MARGIN as we did 594 two years earlier.

WE blew it. NRA, GOA, 2AF, etc blew it.

No advertising or anything to really get the word out beyond some grassroots efforts

Ignorant gun owners and fudds blew it.

Next time youre at the range, look around.... You will see the demographic responsible for our situation.

What was the last significant piece of gun regulation that was passed legislatively and signed by the gov?

594 & 1639 were passed on the ballot. By your friends and neighbors, etc. Not some groveling politicians.

Looking at the numbers, there are enough of us out there to stop those from having passed.

Its not every person in the state vs a handful of woke shooters.

We lost 1639 by the EXACT SAME MARGIN as we did 594 two years earlier.

WE blew it. NRA, GOA, 2AF, etc blew it.

No advertising or anything to really get the word out beyond some grassroots efforts

Ignorant gun owners and fudds blew it.

Next time youre at the range, look around.... You will see the demographic responsible for our situation.

Who do you think votes in those laws? The same people who vote. People try real hard to pretend this did not happen but, shops are still seeing shooters walk in who had no idea these laws passed. So they never voted. Keep that up and more laws will get passed. Pretend its not happening and it will not get better. :s0054:
I keep hoping the next thing will finally wake people up but I have to say I have to wonder if it's possible any more.:(

Handgun transfer wait times in WA with a CPL has nothing to do with any initiatives or new laws; NICS decided they would no longer allow courtesy BG checks over the counter when agencies ended up running the same check later on. Without the OTC BG check dealers cannot transfer a handgun.

The only two reasons I see for having a WA CPL is to carry concealed in WA, and, without one, I lose my OR CHL.

I may be wrong on some of the details, but that's my understanding of the current cluster-you-know-what.

Who do you think votes in those laws? The same people who vote. People try real hard to pretend this did not happen but, shops are still seeing shooters walk in who had no idea these laws passed. So they never voted. Keep that up and more laws will get passed. Pretend its not happening and it will not get better. :s0054:
I also mentioned our 2A rights groups in there too. How much did NRA spend trying to prevent 1639?
WHY didn't some shooters vote?
Ignorance? Apathy?

WHY didn't those groups, gun shops and shooters learn anything from 594?

Turn out on other races on the ballot had higher turn out... MORE people voted for Republican candidates than they did a against 1639.
If those same 'conservative' voters had all voted against 1639 it would have failed

So who is to blame for that?

If 900000 voted for a Republican senator, why werent there more than 500k votes against 1639?
Even assuming many Repub voters dont like guns, surely there were many who voted for up-ballot races who support 2A.... But didnt bother filling out the rest of their ballot.

Again, who is to blame?

NRA was too busy spending millions in court so wife beaters could get rights restored... NOT spending money to keep the law abiding from getting hammered.

I couldnt even get a response from the local NRA 'organizer' ... Ever. By phone or email.

What did GOA do to help out beforehand?

God bless 2AF for their efforts, but what did they do BEFORE it passed?

No commie activists or Dem politicians stopped conservatives from filling out their ballots or filling them out completely. Nor did they prevent 2A groups from getting the word out every way possible leading up to the vote.

WE bubblegumed up. We arent like Virginia where they didnt stand a chance... WE had a chance TWICE and blew it BOTH times by the SAME NUMBERS...

I also mentioned our 2A rights groups in there too. How much did NRA spend trying to prevent 1639?
WHY didn't some shooters vote?
Ignorance? Apathy?

WHY didn't those groups, gun shops and shooters learn anything from 594?

Turn out on other races on the ballot had higher turn out... MORE people voted for Republican candidates than they did a against 1639.
If those same 'conservative' voters had all voted against 1639 it would have failed

So who is to blame for that?

If 900000 voted for a Republican senator, why werent there more than 500k votes against 1639?
Even assuming many Repub voters dont like guns, surely there were many who voted for up-ballot races who support 2A.... But didnt bother filling out the rest of their ballot.

Again, who is to blame?

NRA was too busy spending millions in court so wife beaters could get rights restored... NOT spending money to keep the law abiding from getting hammered.

I couldnt even get a response from the local NRA 'organizer' ... Ever. By phone or email.

What did GOA do to help out beforehand?

God bless 2AF for their efforts, but what did they do BEFORE it passed?

No commie activists or Dem politicians stopped conservatives from filling out their ballots or filling them out completely. Nor did they prevent 2A groups from getting the word out every way possible leading up to the vote.

WE bubblegumed up. We arent like Virginia where they didnt stand a chance... WE had a chance TWICE and blew it BOTH times by the SAME NUMBERS...

I hear you, I have been saying this for years, most of what I get is shrugs, or outright anger. I have lost track of the gun owners who say I am lying, that we can do nothing as we are outnumbered and our vote counts for nothing. Many of these same people are still mad Hilary lost and will activity work to see the more conservative lose in every election. Then blame everyone else when another new law goes in. It is frustrating to no end to watch it happen.:s0054:

The CPL wait time was the result of a new law, but it was not 1639. The new law (I can't remember the bill number offhand) removed the exemption for CPL holders to wait for a proceed or ten business days.

Its a race to the bottom between apathy and ignorance
Yes sadly it is and it FAR from just gun stuff. I grew up with parents who were so far left they would vote for Bernie if they were still around. When I got old enough to see what was happening I got confused. I would watch as the people in power did stuff to just set my parents off. Then they would vote them back in. If I brought this up they got ANGRY. Look at places like Seattle and the problems with the street scum. The same people who's neighborhoods are being ruined, vote for the same people who made the mess, after a promise fix the mess they made. Amazing to watch.:s0054:
Gun owners are just a small percentage of the same mess. They vote in either directly or by apathy the people who are screwing them. Then get mad when it's pointed out to them.

The CPL wait time was the result of a new law, but it was not 1639. The new law (I can't remember the bill number offhand) removed the exemption for CPL holders to wait for a proceed or ten business days.
The Feds were doing the checks for WA as a courtesy while waiting for WA to set up something like OR has. When 1639 went in the Feds finally just said no more, we gave you enough time. So rather than set up a system the law makers just eliminated the waving of the wait time for those with a CPL. This still to this day has people swearing I1639 did this and many of them get angry when you tell them the two things have zero to do with each other. Bottom line is still the same. Voters get the Government they deserve as a wise man said long ago:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top