JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know how this even works, but my transfer I did in Everett as a Pierce resident just went through, while the one I did a day before at Mary's here local still hasn't gotten the proceed yet

I don't know how this even works, but my transfer I did in Everett as a Pierce resident just went through, while the one I did a day before at Mary's here local still hasn't gotten the proceed yet
It's been so inconsistent. I bought a pistol in Puyallup end of September and had it in hand mid October(about 3 weeks). A week later bought a pistol in Tacoma(where I live) and still no proceed, had to refile last week.

Interesting I was under the impression they were not supposed to delay past ten days unless you haven't been a resident for 90 days
It's very frustrating, some of us are getting proceeds within weeks and others months. I think it's clear they have no organization in how they're doing these background checks.

It's very frustrating, some of us are getting proceeds within weeks and others months. I think it's clear they have no organization in how they're doing these background checks.
I live in king county and my proceed always comes on day 10 at 430. I have had about 8 checks since July.

Tomorrow is day 50. Numerous filings, still no response from Pierce county.

At this point I would be asking about a refund. Dealer of course does not have to do so but I would be wanting to try another. Do you have a WA CPL? If not I would go and get one. Even if you have no desire to carry. After you get that, then go to another shop. Show them you passed the checks, explain what happened. Ask, "so if I buy from you, can I have the gun at the end of the 10 Buis. days?" Some dealers will do this, some will not. Mine did me last time because they know us. My CLEO is the Pierce County Sheriff. I don't know how long it took them to finally give the shop a proceed.
So even if the shop will not refund your money use this as a learning experience. Next time ask first before putting the cash down. Sadly this is just the way it is for now. Unless voters decide to turn up the heat and make the law makers set up an insta check again this is what we have to look forward to.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top