JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am in Portland. Bought a new firearm last month.Wait time - 0. I was approved before the clerk was done with the paperwork.
Yea, yea, just keep rubbing it in you$#@!@# :s0003:

My last purchase hit the store and was paid for 8/31. Shop said to start expecting it week after next. What a PITA. It did get me to try my hand at building though. Put in an order at 5D for over 1K worth of stuff a week ago. Really looking forward to getting it then setting up to give it a try. Assuming all goes well making a full size PCC going to make a pistol version too. :D:D

Last Edited:
Huzzah!
I finally got my P365!
1 month and 1 day after I signed the forms, it is now in my possession.
It shot great right out of the box.

Well, this time went better, 1 week and 1 day

.Thought I'd poke the bear again after the last one and they did much better this time, but man, I miss cash and carry.:(

I thought it was 10 days for anything

But I was wrong again.
Lol
I did paperwork on Saturday picked up handgun Thursday morning.
I could have got it Wednesday.
But I didn't want to drive back to town.

I thought it was 10 days for anything

But I was wrong again.
Lol
I did paperwork on Saturday picked up handgun Thursday morning.
I could have got it Wednesday.
But I didn't want to drive back to town.
Yep as you can see here it's real hit and miss now. For a hand gun they could let you have to gun in a couple days IF, the shop was somehow able to get the CLEO where you live to say proceed. The state just changed the 5 day to 10 days the FFL has to wait to get a do not proceed. Who the hell knows when my CLEO will get around to sending the Proceed to the FFL I used today. When this will get really fun is next time we have another rush going on. Will come in handy then to be "known" at a shop by then. At least then you know at the end of 10 business days you can take you gun home.

I recently purchased a pistol, a private transfer in Junction City. Wait time was about 5 minutes.
I was drooling on the display cases at GunRunner arms and had to cut it short
Your state hasn't done you guys like WA did yet. The way it's going with so many gun owners who refuse to get involved or worse yet support this crap? It may be coming to you too soon enough. :( Enjoy it while it lasts.

I just made my first purchase post 1639 on Monday (9/23). I live in Snohomish county in Washington. While making some small talk with the sales guy, I asked him what kind of wait times he had been seeing. His response was a bit shocking;

"...I've seen as little as 3 days and as many as 60. If you live in King County, you're screwed" I told him I lived in Snohomish County and he said, "Two Weeks".

I can live with the wait time (I don't like it, but I can live with it), I did way back before I had a CPL, but the variability in the time is what needs to be addressed. It basically becomes a de facto gun ban in King County.

West Coast Armory in Issaquah has already closed. I wonder how many others will be gone after a year has passed.

-A right delayed, is a right denied.

I just made my first purchase post 1639 on Monday (9/23). I live in Snohomish county in Washington. While making some small talk with the sales guy, I asked him what kind of wait times he had been seeing. His response was a bit shocking;

"...I've seen as little as 3 days and as many as 60. If you live in King County, you're screwed" I told him I lived in Snohomish County and he said, "Two Weeks".

I can live with the wait time (I don't like it, but I can live with it), I did way back before I had a CPL, but the variability in the time is what needs to be addressed. It basically becomes a de facto gun ban in King County.

West Coast Armory in Issaquah has already closed. I wonder how many others will be gone after a year has passed.

-A right delayed, is a right denied.
Sadly yes this will hurt many shops. Again sadly the only way it will change is if voters decide they have had enough. The people in charge right now do not care because they don't have to. Why spend money to put more employee's on the job that takes care of this if you win reelection as is? Only real recourse right now in that county is to get in good with a shop that will let the gun walk at the end of the 10 business days. Last pistol I bought here in Peirce was done this way. Shop never got the proceed from my CLEO.

This isn't going to stop me from purchasing, but I may wait until I have more than one to buy at one time. I've been a nearly one a month guy for awhile, which has slowed since July.

A small joy.
I walked into Safe Fire and asked the shop if my Glock had cleared. They said "Sorry, no."
I went downstairs to shoot and on my way out they said Guess what! We just got your clearance.
Fun day, walked into Safe Fire with one Glock and walked out with two!:D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top