JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmm... Don't got to worry about bears...

GPS study tracks grizzlies as they follow hunters | Fox News

I spent a lot of time in Montana back in the day. The more experienced people I learned from knew that bears followed them, either because they found fresh sign during their trek, saw the bear tracking other hunters (didn't happen often) or spotted them themselves. Back then they figured if the bear really wanted the elk that they had shot, it would either chase the hunter off or maul him to death.

elsie

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/

Update 8/4/2016: We just finished testing another 29 loads, including several from Winchester, Federal, and Remington, bringing our total count to 146 loads tested. Data for the new loads has been added to the charts below along with a "***NEW***" tag following the name of the load so you can easily identify them. If you want to see only the new loads in the charts, click on the search box at the top of each chart and type in "*NEW". That will hide the data for all loads except the new ones.

You guys are HYSTERICAL with all your data collecting, and testing and "penetration" tests with denim and gels. Its commonly called "Analysis Paralysis" in the Street Sweeping world. Two shots to the head with a .22LR and the game is OVER. Test complete.
Do you think that EVERY assassin in the world uses a .22LR is a coincidence. NO, its not. Its because the essential no recoil means a second and third shot is quick and deadly accurate. A PROFESSIONAL SHOOTER isn't concerned with all the data collections, facts and figures. Thats what makes manufacturers RICH. Its the exact same thing in golf, in photography, in fishing. Its NOT the golf ball or the golf club that makes pro golfers win !!! ... its practice and proper technique. Its the GOLFER NOT THE GOLF BALL. Its the Photographer, NOT the camera, its the fisherman, NOT the line or hook he is using. All that stuff is for the insecure to dick around with and avoid the hard work called PRACTICING PROPER TECHNIQUES !!! Learn to grip properly, learn a proper stance, get a proper sight picture ... these are whats going to matter most in accuracy. Practicing shooting at a paper target in the convenience of an air conditioned indoor shooting range is NOT going to help you AT ALL in a gunfight with an attacker OR TWO, who are both moving and shooting at you. YOUR MUSCLE MEMORY is THE ONLY thing that will keep you alive. Your logical brain will shut down completely. ALL the paper target shooting will be worth ZERO as the ADRENALINE DUMP turns your brain to mush. Guys, practice the right thing. Practice in reality. Stop worrying about make/model of your gun or even the caliber !!! They will ALL kill your assailant stone cold dead if you just know how to shoot correctly in a gun fight and actually hit what you think you're aiming at. I KNOW about such thing !

You guys are HYSTERICAL with all your data collecting, and testing and "penetration" tests with denim and gels. Its commonly called "Analysis Paralysis" in the Street Sweeping world. Two shots to the head with a .22LR and the game is OVER. Test complete.
Do you think that EVERY assassin in the world uses a .22LR is a coincidence. NO, its not. Its because the essential no recoil means a second and third shot is quick and deadly accurate. A PROFESSIONAL SHOOTER isn't concerned with all the data collections, facts and figures. Thats what makes manufacturers RICH. Its the exact same thing in golf, in photography, in fishing. Its NOT the golf ball or the golf club that makes pro golfers win !!! ... its practice and proper technique. Its the GOLFER NOT THE GOLF BALL. Its the Photographer, NOT the camera, its the fisherman, NOT the line or hook he is using. All that stuff is for the insecure to dick around with and avoid the hard work called PRACTICING PROPER TECHNIQUES !!! Learn to grip properly, learn a proper stance, get a proper sight picture ... these are whats going to matter most in accuracy. Practicing shooting at a paper target in the convenience of an air conditioned indoor shooting range is NOT going to help you AT ALL in a gunfight with an attacker OR TWO, who are both moving and shooting at you. YOUR MUSCLE MEMORY is THE ONLY thing that will keep you alive. Your logical brain will shut down completely. ALL the paper target shooting will be worth ZERO as the ADRENALINE DUMP turns your brain to mush. Guys, practice the right thing. Practice in reality. Stop worrying about make/model of your gun or even the caliber !!! They will ALL kill your assailant stone cold dead if you just know how to shoot correctly in a gun fight and actually hit what you think you're aiming at. I KNOW about such thing !
Gunkid?

I have "water jug" tested hollow points for expansion. Line up 5 gallon jugs of water and throw an old pair of blue jeans in front. You would be surprised at how many duty loads fail to expand out of short barrel carry pistols.

Looks like they may have penetrated, but failed to expand. :eek:

Wow, color me dense... Replying to a 3 1/2 year old thread. :s0054:
ha... Ive done it too.

Sometimes we just gotta talk shooting stuff though and its always fun to look at the luckygunner data.

Yup, and I bet he is such a professional shooter that he can make head shots one handed with his eyes closed while getting shot at or charged! Real life ain't that easy kid, and even with all the training, I would be super lucky to land a single head shot from a braced and steady position, all the while hoping I don't draw the golden BB for my troubles!

I'll take my chances with 16+1 real full power pistol rounds thank you very much!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top