JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is really good news. Gura's points are all valid and the plaintiffs have standing. Ive always thought that real change to gun rights won't go through Congress they will come from the courts. Just waiting for Gura to take on the NFA.

This is really good news. Gura's points are all valid and the plaintiffs have standing. Ive always thought that real change to gun rights won't go through Congress they will come from the courts. Just waiting for Gura to take on the NFA.
I would love to see them win this. I had not even heard about it. The current POTUS has loaded up the federal courts with a lot of clones of himself. Wins may be hard to come by for a while. I VERY much hope the new POTUS will be able to get his party to not pretend like they lost and start putting in judges who are not there to push an agenda.

I personally don't see the courts being effective until we can get some new constitutionalists in the SCOTUS. Something happened that stopped the big 5 (Scalia, Kennedy, Thomas, Alito and Roberts) after ruling on Heller and McDonald. I don't know what it was but it sure stopped them cold and they have since refused to hear any cases that would define the true meaning of the 2A.

My hope is that Trump keeps to what said and that he gets to replace Ginsburg, SotoMayor, Kagan and Breyer. Realistically though, at the most he'll probably only replace Scalia, Ginsburg and Kennedy. Then again, I'm not sure he'll get to replace Ginsburg, as evil never seems to die (look at Freddy Kruger and Jason).

Ray

Despite what everyone seems to believe it is very important in the court world to uphold precedent. Even liberal justices are loath to overturn a recent court precedent because they "believe" something to the contrary of the decision.

How on earth would Trump even hope to replace SotoMayor, Kagan or Breyer. Theyre all at least 15-30 years away from dropping off the court.

How on earth would Trump even hope to replace SotoMayor, Kagan or Breyer. Theyre all at least 15-30 years away from dropping off the court.

Breyer is 78, Scalia died at 79, so .....
Sotomayor is diabetic, so if she doesn't take care of herself .....,
Kagan- impeachment, accidental death, liberal indignation causes her head to explode/causes a stroke/etc, ..... (as I said "hope")

Ray

Ruling is probably dead in the water for now. The Feds do not like having underlings nip at their royal cloak skirts. They have every means and reason for dragging it out through the courts. Yep ... might take YEARS and a SCOTUS ruling. Just me. Respectfully.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top