1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Handgun sale

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Roger1645, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Roger1645

Roger1645 Eugene, OR New Member

I live in Oregon where a person can sell another person a handgun with no paperwork from an FFL holder-no paperwork at all really. If I want to sell a handgun here or anywhere else for that matter, and the person lives in another state, and they are not an FFL holder-neither am I, how do I go about it? Thanks
  2. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

you have to send it to an ffl that can do the transfer for them in their state
  3. 97321

97321 Albany Active Member

Hello, Roger. Welcome to the forum. Samuel set it straight - you have to use an FFL in the receiving state. It's federal law - the Gun Control Act of 1968. Fees vary: $25 to $35 on up to $50 or more to process the transaction. You can try some clubs too. Some of them have FFL. Good luck. For more advice, post your question in the handgun discussion forum. You'll get more advice than you need, maybe more than you want. More is better than less, right?