JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm starting the steps to get my concealed carry permit, but if I understand correctly I must attend a handgun safety class first. Can anyone reccomend a good place in or near Clackamas county ? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.....

I used Roger Moore for Oregon/Utah CHL. The class was in Clackamas (think at the Holiday Inn?) Link

+1... and his class covers the Oregon AND Utah requirements.... and he even has pictures and fingerprinting at the class for an additional fee. Dang, he even helps you fill the Utah form out.....Roger Moore is like the Fred Meyers of CCW.... one stop shop. :s0155:

I used Roger Moore for Oregon/Utah CHL. The class was in Clackamas (think at the Holiday Inn?) Link

+1... and his class covers the Oregon AND Utah requirements.... and he even has pictures and fingerprinting at the class for an additional fee. Dang, he even helps you fill the Utah form out.....Roger Moore is like the Fred Meyers of CCW.... one stop shop. :s0155:

Roger is a standup guy and knows his stuff. He is a volunteer instructor with NWSAFE.org and has taken some quality training from well known instructors. Can't beat the fact you get qualified for both the permits in one sitting. You can find his schedule and link at the site.

Can't help asking if he also provides special help with the PPK, martinis that are shaken (not stirred), and speaking with a slighly British accent. :)

Head out to OFA (OR Firearms Academy) down in Brownsville. Check them out at www.oregonfirearmsacademy.com - outstanding training.

Ask yourself: how many "basic" classes have an attorney (with actual experience in firearms law) lecturing for a couple of hours about use of force, the legal issues behind self defense, etc? As if this weren't enough, you get a couple of hours of range time as well. Can't beat all of that!

Head out to OFA (OR Firearms Academy) down in Brownsville. Check them out at www.oregonfirearmsacademy.com - outstanding training.

Ask yourself: how many "basic" classes have an attorney (with actual experience in firearms law) lecturing for a couple of hours about use of force, the legal issues behind self defense, etc? As if this weren't enough, you get a couple of hours of range time as well. Can't beat all of that!

+1:s0155: I really enjoyed my basic handgun class at OFA. Can't wait to get back there one of these days to take more classes. Defensive handgun 1&2 and then their shotgun class too. I just need to come up with a ba-zillion rounds of ammo for those three classes:(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top