JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been a rifle reloaded for decades, but just getting set up for reloading pistol rounds (45 and 9mm so far)
My question is what is a reasonable price for bulk bullets?
I've been seeing them show up on the shelves again but the price seems a little steep. I have ammo so I am not desperate, but would like to start collecting everything. I have plenty of brass and primers.

Give these a shot....Punny!....

I'm guessing these aren't the top quality of Montana Gold that go for the same price pretty much. But considering you'd be luckey to snag MG, these should work fine.

I'm just starting w/ 9mm reloading and I'm seeing $0.11-12 for quality plated (Berry's). The
'BlueBullets' polymer are around $0.075 each. I'm an engineer so of course I have a spreadsheet :). Also realizing that when the cost of factory 9mm is around $0.20-25 or so, it's really not an economic 'win' to reload 9mm.

ItemSource# PkgsPkg QuantityTotal QuantityRaw PriceExt. PriceShipping/HazmatShipped pricePPR Shipped
Bullets
Berry's115g RN PlatedScheels11000100095$15.00110$0.110
Blue124g RN PolymerBlue11200120090.2$0.0090.2$0.075
Berry's124g RN PlatedBass Pro225050056$3.5060$0.120

I've been a rifle reloaded for decades, but just getting set up for reloading pistol rounds (45 and 9mm so far)
My question is what is a reasonable price for bulk bullets?
I've been seeing them show up on the shelves again but the price seems a little steep. I have ammo so I am not desperate, but would like to start collecting everything. I have plenty of brass and primers.
try bearcreeksupplybullets . great prices and free shipping

Went with DGbullets for 9mm coated lead. Was roundabout $.075 per bullet, shipping factored in. Went with them as they were shipping relatively quickly, while other folks had backlogs of weeks to months. Not much of a price difference to matter.

-Note: Now DG has a hold on all orders due to a bad batch of coating-

Anyways, figure around $.08 per for coated 9mm up to 124/125grain seems reasonable in this market.

Plated goes up a bit, however coated works just fine. May actually be better, depending upon the application (shooting steel closer in, as an oversimplified example).

I'm just starting w/ 9mm reloading and I'm seeing $0.11-12 for quality plated (Berry's). The
'BlueBullets' polymer are around $0.075 each. I'm an engineer so of course I have a spreadsheet :). Also realizing that when the cost of factory 9mm is around $0.20-25 or so, it's really not an economic 'win' to reload 9mm.

ItemSource# PkgsPkg QuantityTotal QuantityRaw PriceExt. PriceShipping/HazmatShipped pricePPR Shipped
Bullets
Berry's115g RN PlatedScheels11000100095$15.00110$0.110
Blue124g RN PolymerBlue11200120090.2$0.0090.2$0.075
Berry's124g RN PlatedBass Pro225050056$3.5060$0.120
Those polymer bullets sparked my interest. I'll have to see if there are any reviews on them.

Went with DGbullets for 9mm coated lead. Was roundabout $.075 per bullet, shipping factored in. Went with them as they were shipping relatively quickly, while other folks had backlogs of weeks to months. Not much of a price difference to matter.

-Note: Now DG has a hold on all orders due to a bad batch of coating-

Anyways, figure around $.08 per for coated 9mm up to 124/125grain seems reasonable in this market.

Plated goes up a bit, however coated works just fine. May actually be better, depending upon the application (shooting steel closer in, as an oversimplified example).
I'm just looking for ammo for target practice, no competition shooting so anything that cycles well will work.
those prices were what I thought they should be. I saw some AMMO bulk bullets that the price was 22 cents. Which didnt seem that much of a deal

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top