JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I deleted my email from them, but fisherman's marine had the springfield xd on sale... don't quote me on this, but i wanna say 399.99 or something like that. might want to check them out as well.
I just went to their website, but am not able to click on link to their add. I think it is an email only kind of add.
Maybe someone else can post a link with their newest add.

Stay Safe.

I don't know where liberalville is exactly, but if your close to one of their stores, stop in and take a look. I'm east of salem, so to far of a drive for me.

Stay Safe.

Whatever you do, being that the glock, xd or m&p are in the low end ofyour price range, buy one and spend the rest on ammo and sign up for a personal defense handgun class.

And my vote would be the m&p 9mm, thumb safety edition and install an apex trigger. You also didn't mention a holster check out a supertuck or something from the raven concealment line...ymmv

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Whatever you do, being that the glock, xd or m&p are in the low end ofyour price range, buy one and spend the rest on ammo and sign up for a personal defense handgun class.

And my vote would be the m&p 9mm, thumb safety edition and install an apex trigger. You also didn't mention a holster check out a supertuck or something from the raven concealment line...ymmv

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

good advice, that is exactly the plan. Why do you like Raven? is there a place around town to look at them?

Barefoot, I took my first safety class not quite a month ago. I'm looking for my first pistol, and it is intimidating as can be. Prices, what is right, all that. More classes to come for me so I can learn more, but I seriously have no idea what is right. Some feel great, and some don't, but without firing any of them, I have no clue.

Barefoot, I took my first safety class not quite a month ago. I'm looking for my first pistol, and it is intimidating as can be. Prices, what is right, all that. More classes to come for me so I can learn more, but I seriously have no idea what is right. Some feel great, and some don't, but without firing any of them, I have no clue.

DS, I will tell you what I have learned and what many have mentioned to me in the past that has helped me.

Research, ask questions, read various threads on some of your top choices, look at them at a shop, then go to a range and try out the few that you like before buying anything. Hopefully it will help you narrow things down even more, then go buy. Just my very small bit or .02 cents worth.

I am down to two, Springfields XD/XDM series and Gock 9mm (just not 100% sure on which, or which generation)

Anyway, good luck

Barefoot,

I was correct. the xd's are on sale for 399.99. Awesome buy. This might help make up your mind... LOL..
Again, get what "Fits" your hand, and not because it is cheaper.... get what fits.

Here is that link to fishermans marine. There is another thread that has the link in it.
<broken link removed>

Stay Safe.

What will be the purpose for the pistol? If you are planning to get some training and entertain the idea of carrying and defending your home, there is only one consideration(reliability is assumed to be considered at all). Which gun do you shoot best in a stressful situation(when you must shoot fast and not miss)? I own and shoot many different hand guns and if I expect to be in harms way, there is only one gun that will work for me. It has a steep grip angle and points so well for me that I score much better with it when shooting fast. I do not like these guns(Glocks)- never have, but the scores do not lie and after all, when push comes to shove, the gun is a tool. I hope you find the gun you need.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top