JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I own four guns: p229 sas srt, p238 tactical laser, PX4 Storm Compact and a Ruger sr22. All are below 2000 rounds. I want two end up with two guns only, one of which would be a PX4 Storm Subcompact.

Your thoughts will be appreciated. The hard decision is the 229 vs Beretta Compact. Both are good guns that I shoot well (enough for me anyway). I can get near $800 for the sig and maybe $450 for the Beretta.

I plan to achieve my final goals thought sales and purchase or trades.

Thanks

I
For range, safe and occasional carry.

Your the only one that can actually answer that question.

If your having trouble making a decision then I would add more stipulations that make since for you.

Available rounds, weight, comfort etc.

I buy and keep guns for very specific reasons - protection (in home and away), hunting (small game and large), plinking, spare for a bug out bag, end of the world etc. If the gun doesn't have a specific use then I better love the way it shoots at targets or I'm ditching it.

I

Your the only one that can actually answer that question.

If your having trouble making a decision then I would add more stipulations that make since for you.

Available rounds, weight, comfort etc.

I buy and keep guns for very specific reasons - protection (in home and away), hunting (small game and large), plinking, spare for a bug out bag, end of the world etc. If the gun doesn't have a specific use then I better love the way it shoots at targets or I'm ditching it.

Thanks and you are right..................I ultimately have to make the decision. You did prompt me to think about my hoards of 9mm ammunition and converting to just one caliber. As for the 9 dilemma, first one with a decent offer goes.

Thanks and you are right..................I ultimately have to make the decision. You did prompt me to think about my hoards of 9mm ammunition and converting to just one caliber. As for the 9 dilemma, first one with a decent offer goes.
Offer on what? You're selling your 9mm handguns?. again, what did you say, spam boy?

I'm not very familiar with the specific models that you have, but I'll add that when I reduced my collection, I decided to only keep guns that I might carry, and for carry situations to stick with one type of operation (I believe its referred to as a "manual of arms", but I'm not sure).

Long story short, I decided on striker-fired (every pull of the trigger is the same vs. DA/SA), and no external safeties. That left me with Glocks, HK/LEM's, and my Steyr M40-A1. All the Beretta's, SIG's (except one which I will sell soon), 1911's, and the P7M8, all gone. To be even more specific (and this was when they first came out, I don't know if they've changed since then), I wouldn't even own the SIG DAK trigger because it was so long a pull, that it was too different than the others, it required different muscle memory development to operate it quickly and accurately.

I went for simplicity, deciding that the highest priority was that if I was in a high pressure situation, I could reach into the safe in the dark and any gun my hand landed on would work exactly as the others, no fumbling to see if I grabbed a Beretta or a 1911 and then trying to remember which one is live when the safety is up...

That is of course an extreme and highly unlikely scenario, but since part of why I own guns is to feel that I can use them with confidence in any situation, I would want my full attention to be on what was going on around me, and the gun in my hand to work as close to second nature as possible.

Range use, a bigger pistol is nicer as a shooter. For carry smaller is always nicer though not as nice to shoot. Once "if ever"22 lr is plentiful it will provide cheap shooting.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top