JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
#1 Treat all guns as if they are always loaded. ...
#2 Never let the muzzle cover anything that you are not willing to destroy. ...
#3 Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot. ...
#4 Be sure of your target and what lies beyond it.
New shooters need to be reminded and informed about the mental and financial realities of ownership as well. Guns aren't to flex you're a bad a$$. And every bullet has $$ signs connected with them.

IMO, a lot of adults have lost the ability to debate or disagree. Particularly beta male types with TDS. This is the new shooter that worries me most. If they can't prove a point on merit they might try to prove it by other means.

Looking for an introduction to handgun class. My brother has purchased his first handgun and I want him trained by a professionally certified instructor. Please advise.
Good idea. Audie Murphy was trained by an NRA certified instructor before he fired his first shot.
It's the American way.

That's exactly what the antis say about us.
Exactly.
Except I would say there is less of a history through the decades of what they theorized compared to reality. I was in California during the 90s and people going postal, gang shootings, deranged rich kids with hurt feelings shooting up schools. Most were not your basic Redneck Rampage. Most where on the non conservative side of the fence. Be advised, I said most. Not all. Of course they would say the same thing. Most guilty parties say, not me.

"A real good start for your Bro would be to print out the "Four Basic Rules of Gun Safety" for him to work on."

May I suggest having him write them out himself in longhand?
I find that writing something out imprints it in my memory better.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top