JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glad you caught him.:rolleyes:
Seating bullets deeper in the case than they should be really raises the chamber pressure
for a specific loading.:eek:
If you get a chance, make up a dummy reference cartridge for him and walk him through a couple of loads.:)

If you are reloading to save money forget it. There are so many instruments, [tools involved] you will be spending money for a lifetime keeping up with what makes it better, faster, cleaner and so on.

Now if you are interested in custom bullets that will print in one hole and are as predictable as the sunrise because you took the time and the effort to make them so ''and that won't change every time you buy another box of rounds''. Then you might be starting to understand why some of us go through the trouble. It makes us better shooters knowing exactly where that bullet is going to be when we touch off that trigger.

I cast lead in pistol and rifle bullets also, the overall price is very reasonable. They are more accurate than most any factory round, mostly due to the fact not only the powder the case and primer are matched but the lead projectile matches my bore and I know it does because I have slugged every barrel and cylinder in every arm I have ever owned. Then fitted the bullet diameter and length to the bore, or the cylinder.

You still in a hurry? Be satisfied with what money will buy real cheap. Otherwise, If you have time go to a range where there are a few guys together knocking out the ten ring and talking about bullets. Be careful it can get habit forming.

I just loaded up 22-250 rounds for $.395

Not sure how that compares to the store..

Kidding, a box of comparable 20 rounds $23.

My 20 rounds cost me: $7.84. 1/3 the price.

I just purchased a 41 Magnum because reloading means no availability or cost issues. People who buy their ammo have to stick with the herd.
That's the caliber that pushed me into reloading about 30 years ago. At $50 a box back then, it was a no brainer!

In my mind I feel handloading helps keep me lined up, if some friend stops by I stop because of the consentration factor. It is fun but it's not for every shooter. As far as penciling out these guys on here got it right, stocking up can't be overlooked, and when the shelves are empty guess who gets to load for their friends. Stay safe!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top