JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had a pile of brass and bullets sitting around for a while. Finally shot through my stock of hand load 9mm a few weeks back and decided it was high time to get on with some new hand loads. My Dillon does not see a lot of action day to day, but it was nice to get it all set up and cranking out the loads.

Once I was done with the 9mm I also threw together a couple of hundred 223 plinker loads too.

Another session next weekend and I should see my 9mm stock of components fully loaded into complete rounds. Then I guess I had better start thinking about stocking up on bits for the next time. Realized the powder and bullets I bought back in 2/12. Obviously I was not shooting enough this last summer.

Got organized! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417409971.171271.jpg

A second Dillon setup like rutilate's would be nice. I'd only have to switch from one to the other to do my loads. As it is. I have a RockChucker for de-priming and the occasional precision loads. The Dillon press is great for the mass sessions.

CrossHairs, it is nice to have two. I tend to do .380 for my wife on the 550B, and in the past two weeks I've done about 5k each of 9mm and .45 on the 650. It is very nice to be able to crank away. I need to replace the metal legs on the bench with some 4x4s to avoid shaking the table and causing case feed problems. Right now it is screwed to the wall but it isn't sturdy enough.

Sunday morning
Bluebird sky, 27 degrees F.
Dressed in layers, insulated boots.
Hot cuppa Starbucks in my hands, Safeway Breakfast Bacon Burrito in my face.
Steel targets out and up.
Mags stuffed, guns oiled.
Everyone squadded, waiting their turn
3-Gun Sunday at DRRC.

Monday morning
Cloudy, 29 degrees F.
2 aspirin to cut the muscle pain all over, every joint.
Hot cuppa coffee, domestically manufactured by spousal unit.
...clean three guns

friday after work, while watching the blazer game, a buddy and i deprimed, sized, primed and expanded 1000 .40 s&w brass (single stage press) in about 2.5 hours... all we gotta do now is drop powder, press bullets and go shooting :) the next day, dad, brother and i watched the civil war (go ducks)! at halftime, i walked outside and shot about 100 rounds thru my AR with my new CMC flat trigger... it was a good weekend!

Just getting started in reloading. Put together 20 each of 5 different load/OAL combinations. Then to the range Saturday morning to chrono and test accuracy. Temp was around 40 with humidity between 100 and 120% :eek:. Sunday, made up 250 of the best load of the bunch and another 50 of a load with just a pinch more powder to see if I can get even better accuracy.

Even had time to spend with family. Great weekend.

Sat, My son and I set up new Dillon 650 an set for 9mm. Deprimed and cleaned about 600 9mm cases.
Sun. We finished cleaning 9mm cases and reloaded close to a 1000 rounds.
Mon. I reload another 500, son had to go to work.
Being retired has some advantages.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top